Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2010-03-30, 12:06am

Copper can be found in many forms and colors, enamel coating,coating,brownish, burnished, chestnut, copper,copper-colored,metallic brown,reddish-brown,reddish-tan, russet,rust,and so on.Copper is germicidal,via the oligodynamic effect. For example, brass doorknobs disinfect themselves of many bacteria within a period of eight hours. Antimicrobial properties of copper are effective against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus,Escherichia coli,and other pathogens.In colder temperature, longer time is required to kill bacteria and has the intrinsic ability to kill a variety of potentially harmful pathogens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-30, 7:32am

i love using copper, and am super excited to get this tutorial. i took a 10 week course in traditional enameling and haven't done any at home, but i LOVE the idea of being able to use lampworking techniques! Maybe i'll actually USE this info! hahaha YAY!

Melanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-31, 12:53pm
what's a senior moment ?

This looks pretty cool. Just ordered the tutorial. I'm guessing I can use copper tubing with this ?

Old 2010-03-31, 1:00pm
sunscreen me baby

Great tutorial and this is going to be fun! Thanks so much for sharing what you have learned

~

Old 2010-04-01, 7:22am
Jer. 29:11, Prov.10:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
This looks pretty cool. Just ordered the tutorial. I'm guessing I can use copper tubing with this ?
You could indeed....
Old 2010-04-15, 3:20pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Finally got to order this and I can't wait to try it. I love working with copper and it just seems like the next step!!
sue

Old 2010-04-16, 7:05pm

Do you have any tutorials left???? I so would love to get one.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-04-21, 2:31pm

I do!
Just click on the tutorial section of the shop...
Thanks!
Carolyn
Old 2010-04-24, 4:50pm

so has anyone tried yet?
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2010-04-26, 7:28am

I saw Ben Eagle at RMBS bazaar this weekend, & he has some awesome vintage brass stampings......had to dig a little to find the raw ones, a lot of them had a colored finish, but there were some ribbed teardrops, some elongated drops, smaller teardrops, & chandelier type filigree drops.
As far as I know Ben has never had a website, but his phone number is (719) 738-3991.
Old 2010-04-26, 9:51am
Anyone need some spacers?

http://copperwirejewelers.ning.com/ You may want to post that this tutorial is avaiable on the new copper form. I am sure they would love to purchase it.

I got mine and can't wait to read it.

Old 2010-04-29, 9:08am

Thank you for the link! I'll go and take a look..
Meantime, here's a freebie.......I really like this source and they aren't listed in the tutorial---I had some trouble with Adobe and a couple of things got dropped that I thought were in there, including my thanks to Anne Ricketts for proofing and this link...http://www.fancifulsinc.com/index.html
Old 2010-04-29, 8:15pm

Thanks