Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-02-23, 10:26am
Facebook addict

Default mini cc users...

I have hooked up my new torch and concentrator. I already know about the POOP for start up and shut down.
My question is, when running your torch, do you keep the oxy knob open full, and adjust your propane accordingly? I have read in other threads where some people do this. I am having a hard time with flame issues, ie: oxidizing (more oxy), reducing (backing off oxy) and neutral. I seem to have a case of CRS lol
So, do you adjust oxy and propane, depending on what flame you want, or do you leave the oxy open all the way and adjust only the propane knob?
Hope this makes since.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2006-02-23, 10:52am

For a reducing flame I turn down the oxy knob until it's where I want it. I've tried turning down the gas for more oxy, but with concentrators it doesn't work so great. Enough to bring out dark silver plum though so I don't have any complaints. Other than that, the oxy knob is on full.

Old 2006-02-23, 6:19pm
Incognito

If I am running one concentrator I run my concentrator set at 4 and my propane around 3 and adjust the propane at the torch. I leave the O2 knob full open.

Linda
Old 2006-02-24, 9:57pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

I am on a Mini CC with propane & oxy con....I turn the O2 to 5 lpm and adjust the propane for the flame type I'm after.

Old 2006-02-24, 10:23pm
Melting for Glass!

I think you have the info that you need with the posts above mine, but here are my two cents worth.

The propane tank with regulator has more power/pressure than the oxy concentrator, so you will be working around the propane. I would say set your propane at around 5. Then light the torch with the propane slightly opened, so that you can get a reasonable size flame going then open the oxy valve till the candles in the flame are sharp and not fuzzy. If the flame becomes too small and sharp when you add the oxy, then add a little more propane to get a nice size flame whose cones are sharp and bluish. I turn my oxy con to 5, and mostly I don;t need to have the oxy at the torch opened all the way. But if you do to achieve a nice size flame with neutral cones then that should not be a problem.
Once I have the flame that I think is good. I check my propane regulator to make sure it is at 5.

Hope this helps.

Cecilia