Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2011-08-23, 12:54pm

Default A password tut

This is a silly tut I wrote because I've had SEVERAL friends have their email and other personal accounts hacked lately! It happened to my Godson YESTERDAY!

So I wrote a tut on how I create a secure password. I hope you all find it helpful!

Password Tutorial

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-08-23, 5:03pm
I think I could be a bead

Great tut, Holly! Thanks!

Old 2011-08-23, 5:38pm

Thanks Mallory... Not really beads but I've had SO many friends get hacked recently, just thought I would share!

Old 2011-08-23, 6:23pm
I think I could be a bead

Thank you!

Old 2011-08-23, 6:38pm

Thank you for the idea...I am one that got hacked a few weeks ago.

Lanford BeadWorks
Old 2011-08-23, 9:18pm

Jo Ann... so sorry this happened! Hope the tut helps!

Old 2011-08-24, 6:28pm

Thank you

Changeable Ring Tools for Sunset Blvrd and RingDing system
Old 2011-08-28, 1:32am
Unmedicated since '62

because i have so many passwords to remember, i have a key word, then i use a secret formula known only to me where i take the key letters in whatever website its for and convert them to numbers and or characters - that way if i have to log back into a site and i cant remember what the password was all i have to do is apply the formula again and i should have the right password...assuming i did it right in the first place...lets just say i dont always get it right

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-09-04, 8:36am
Crispy Critter

Holly, that's how I protect my personal PC. This method doesn't work at the office because we have to change it every 90 days and can't re-use them. What I do there is use non-American expletives and mix in numbers.

Old 2011-09-04, 11:52am
Bum-chaka-laka-laka

Thats a good one Holly! I use kinda same method on my passwords, I just need to keep changing them, I have been hacked several times, and it is awful when someone sends stuff on your name. And I have ton of contacts, from embassies to businesses... it can be purdy embarrasing.