LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-08-09, 5:41pm
Boro Brat

Default Boro on a Concentrator Tut is listed!!!

I'm really happy with this one! I show how to a bead and 4 sculptures on a minor with one oxygen concentrator out of boro! All the pictures are filtered so that you can see exactly what I'm doing while I'm in the flame.

This tut is 69 pages long and is 4.2 mb. It has an unknown number of pictures because I didn't feel like counting them! lol. Let's just say that there are a LOT of pictures.

I hope this helps everyone who has been wanting to try boro but has felt limited by their set-up!!

Available through my website from this link!!!!

Or get it through etsy at this link!

Thanks for looking!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-09, 5:45pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Were you working on a 5 lpm concentrator?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-08-09, 5:45pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Aha cool - I just read your description on Etsy and I see you were. I may have to buy this!!!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-08-09, 5:48pm
Boro Brat

Yep...and it's a pretty old 5lpm oxy con at that!

Old 2008-08-09, 5:51pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I think you're sold out in your etsy shop .

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-08-09, 5:53pm
Dangerous Woman

I just got one from her website

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-09, 6:19pm
Lover of all things color

I have already read through most of it. Wonderful Tutorial Pipyr. I may just get up the nerve to try this tomorrow.

WTG!!!

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-08-09, 6:39pm
Boro Brat

LOL Jan! You must be a fast reader!! I should note that although the color list is laid out the same as the Creature tut, there are different colors and descriptions in this one, so don't skip that part!

Old 2008-08-09, 6:52pm

Very nicely put together !! As I expected it would be .. now to put together my list of Boro to purchase !
Thanks so much !!
~~

Old 2008-08-09, 6:57pm
Dangerous Woman

Mine is still printing out, but I see my little tree on the front cover!!!! Well not 'my' little tree. But the little tree I asked for. Guess what I'll be making tomorrow!

Pipyr thank you soooooooooooooo much! Your creatures tut got me to bring out the boro again and reminded me why I loved boro so much!

Now to get my Cheetah up and running and the world will be perfect.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-09, 7:17pm
Boro Brat

I'm so glad you guys like it!

Nancy, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to hear that. That's what it's all about for me

Old 2008-08-09, 9:17pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Love this one, too, Pipyr! Love the tips on striking encased color, too!!

Old 2008-08-09, 9:30pm
Boro Brat

You laughed at me making a bead, didn't you Lisa???? Didn't you?

Old 2008-08-09, 9:44pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Not at all. I did laugh at your statement about loving beads, as long as someone else is making them, though. (I feel the same way!!)

But now I just might have to try some!

Old 2008-08-09, 10:02pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I was wondering about annealing - there is no mention of it in the tutorial, but I didn't notice that you flame struck any of the non bead thingies, so are you getting the color on those during the annealing cycle, or do they strike as they are worked?

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-08-09, 11:06pm
Boro Brat

Those colors all developed as I was working them. Just the heating and cooling of sculpting will strike the glass for you I do flame-strike the dragon's wings a bit and I also flame-strike his tail spike in the tutorial. If your kiln is right on in temperature, the only color you should get from a regular 1050 annealing cycle is red (like, if you are using a garnet or pomegranate). The rest of the colors develop at higher temps than that

Old 2008-08-09, 11:52pm

This will be great Pipyr! Thanks for putting this together as this is just what I need so I can use the sampler of boro I bought. I have made one small inconsequential boro bead this month and I need the help to know something about what I am doing. Looking fwd to it immensely!

Cheers
Kym
Old 2008-08-09, 11:53pm
Boro Brat

It's on it's way, Kym!! And now I'm going to bed

Old 2008-08-10, 12:29am
Gimme that silver glass!

I git it Pipyr (through your website), can't wait untill I can play with it! I'm starting to become a big boro ho!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-10, 6:36am
Beyond Cloud 9!

I LOVE the screwballs, Pipyr.

If I wanted to make larger pieces, like Christmas tree ornaments, how much of what size rod should I cover with color to get started? I think those could make some awesome ornaments and would go over well at Bearden's this holiday season. (The holiday shopping crowd likes things that are pretty, and my "pretty" repertoire is somewhat limited!) LOL!!!

Old 2008-08-10, 7:00am
Melt That Glass

I haven't buought a tut before, but just bought this. Can someone tell me if this comes on the e-mail? I used my husbands paypal so if it does I have to make sure he doesn't delete it?.

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-08-10, 7:01am
Boro Brat

Lisa!!! It really depends on the size you want...they get long pretty quickly with those tails. You might bump it up to a 12mm clear and cover about 1.5" or so and see how that size is for you They are really fun to make!! Go make some and take pics to show me, ok??

I'm about to head out to spend a few days with my mom (yay) and Rhonda is going to be sending out orders from my e-mail addy while I'm gone. She loves seeing them come in and has been checking obsessively, so you should still be getting them very quickly still I can't wait to see what everyone's made when I get back!!

Old 2008-08-10, 7:10am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Thanks Pipyr. That explains your being awake so early.

Have a great time!!

Old 2008-08-10, 7:14am
Gimme that silver glass!

I got it and it's awesome Pipyr! Now I'm gonna play some more!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-08-10, 7:19am
Melt That Glass

Got it--just bought some of the new GA glass and can't wait to give them a try. Went to play yesterday and was out of tanked O2, so this will be wonderful..Thanks Pipyr.

Knight Bullet, 2 cons and tanked
Old 2008-08-10, 8:48am
My opinion not needed

Damn it! You're taking all my money! I don't even have a concentrator...I use tanked oxy but I can't pass up one of your tutorials.

Thanks!!

Old 2008-08-10, 9:24am
Crazy Snake Lady

Awesome tut! As someone who's only worked soft glass it amazes me how boro can be left to cool completely without shattering!!! I think that will be the most difficult part of this for me - not freaking out about trying to keep everything warm...

Can't wait to get started! Thank you sooooo much Pipyr!

One question - is it safe once it's done and already cool to pop it into the hot kiln for annealing or does it need to go into a cool kiln and ramp up slowly? You can tell I'm a complete boro virgin.
Old 2008-08-10, 9:29am
Boro Brat

I leave them all out and make a little "collection" and then pop them in a cold kiln and ramp up to 1050 over an hour or so.

Have fun with it guys!

Robin - You will still get lots out of this tut. I made everything in a minor w/oxy con and gave a lot of info about working with low amounts of heat, but everything still applies to working with a tank.

Old 2008-08-10, 10:42am
Flame Dame

Just bought it! Can't wait to receive it!!!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-08-10, 11:55am
My opinion not needed

Pipyr...this tut is great! Just like the creature one!! Love it!

I will definitely get lots out of it...I have not done much off mandrel work. Love boro but tend to work it like soft...on a mandrel.

I'm on a minor and tanked oxy.