TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-10-08, 8:34pm
More ideas than talent

Well, I started with the "buds", the colour combinations I'm kind of happy with, but I'm a bit underwhelmed with the flowers so far. I've tried 4 or 5 different styles and it's not really doing it for me.

Any suggestions of sympathetic colours for the flowers? I'm not too keen on my various combos of rubino and dark amethyst so far.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-08, 8:36pm
More ideas than talent

Also, having bought some leaves, the holes in them are really fine. Do you guys usally drill them out a little to make the holes larger? Can you tell I just about never make jewellery?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-09, 9:40am
Broken

Wendy there really isn't a bad color combo for flowers I don't think. The book I mentioned in my tutorial is fantastic for color combo's if you are stumped.

I've got dozens and dozens of different types of leaves and have never had the holes too small.

Old 2008-10-09, 7:16pm
More ideas than talent

I've bought two or three books on colour theory and combinations recently, but the not one you mentioned in the tutorial. Was flicking through through one of the books last night. I've tried a couple more versions of flowers in the pink/fuschia type hues, and I think they all blend too much so far.

I'm going to go and try a couple in the blue range and see what I think of those. I don't think any of the purples I have are in the right sorts of shades. I need to sit down and work out exactly how the square tetrad harmony stuff works... or doesn't as the case the may be. I think it would mean I'd have to use orange too. But then because I've used some complementary shades already..... Not quite sure how that works. At least two of the colours I have used are on the tetrad harmony grid.

Oh well, the good thing is, it's easy enough to make the beads, I don't haveto use them all together if I don't like them.

Maybe by the time I'm finished my petals will be more symmetrical too!

Old 2008-10-09, 8:02pm
More ideas than talent

Think I've found a colour combination I like, amethyst and a pale rose.

May have to rethink my "buds" though. Maybe try some with pale rose and amethyst rather than rubino and amethyst.

The Vetrofond and Moretti solid colour blues just don't seem to be that interesting. All the purples seem too blue (or grey) as well. Pity because I love all the transparent blues.

Old 2008-10-09, 8:04pm
More ideas than talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystykbead View Post
I thought I should share my bracelet in this thread. I would also like to say thank you niker for making up this tutorial. I am now also addicted to making the little flowers for it, it seem like thats all I want to make.. anyways here is my bracelet from your tutorial. sorry, it was just a quick pic. I hope I did your tut justice.

That looks fabulous.

Old 2008-10-09, 8:14pm
Fancy Mammal

Just a thought, Wendy, but I'm wondering if it's lighter colors (but not white) that are drawing your eye? I imagined I saw these in fairly light tones, though looking at the pictures I can tell I imagined it.

Oh, and really really cute flowers, Nicker. Love them!
Old 2008-10-10, 2:53am
More ideas than talent

I agree re the lighter colours. In terms of my beads photographed, they are lighter in tone than shown in the picture.

As usual I think part of the problem is I'm working backwards and making it more complex than it needs to be.

I started off with the specific idea of the buds, and was working back from there. I was trying to imagine what they would look like as flowers, hence some with the petal like centres, and then decided they looked too busy and fussy.

The amethyst clear petals then looked too dark, as well as being too small to work in with the buds anyway).

Old 2008-10-10, 3:00am
Gimme that silver glass!

I think your tut is sold out Nicker? Can't find it in your Etsy shop .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-10-10, 8:17am
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
I think your tut is sold out Nicker? Can't find it in your Etsy shop .
Here's the link
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=15799289

Old 2008-10-11, 8:13am
Dangerous Woman

Anyone have a link for the bracelet chain they use? I don't have any chain that heavy or thick. I mean the chain I have is all very dainty. But I may have some bigger copper chain. I'll have to look, will that work do ya think?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-10-11, 8:54am
Broken

Rolo chain is what I use.

Old 2008-10-16, 9:16am

I have had the beads made. Just have to make sure the bracelet that I make is the right size.
Then I will get it together. Awesome tut by the way.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-11-02, 9:23pm
More ideas than talent

More beads. Working my way through various (similar) colour schemes...
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-15, 9:37pm
More ideas than talent

First attempt at putting the bracelet together...
Attached Images

Old 2008-11-15, 9:50pm
Dot Princess

Wendy,
Wonderful job. Beautiful bracelet!!

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2008-11-16, 4:40pm
Broken

Great job, that came together really well!

Old 2008-11-24, 11:13pm

I would love to buy this tutorial but was wondering how "tough" these flowers are on a bracelet. Does anybody have a problem with the petals breaking off?
Old 2008-11-25, 9:57am
Broken

Properly annealed there are not problems, unless you drop the entire bracelet on the floor

Old 2008-11-25, 10:01am

Thanks, it is a beautiful bracelet.
Old 2008-12-05, 2:10pm
Broken

I listed more! Carmen I'd love to see what you make!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=18265817

Old 2009-01-02, 7:56pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I love your flowers! Adding your tut to my list

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-02, 8:07pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Kandice, you do love them too!

Old 2009-01-02, 8:17pm
Hole Challenged

Glad to see this thread again, I forgot I wanted to add this one to my birthday wish list. I don't see any in the etsy store though.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:18pm
Broken

Here's the link there is still some tut's in there!

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=18265817

Old 2009-01-02, 8:21pm
Hole Challenged

Great! I'll be handing my list to hubby tomorrow.

My bad, I should have looked through the different pages. I only saw the tutorial section was empty in the categories and didn't look further.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:22pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I bought this one. It's an excellent tutorial!

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2009-01-02, 8:25pm
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodie View Post
Great! I'll be handing my list to hubby tomorrow.

My bad, I should have looked through the different pages. I only saw the tutorial section was empty in the categories and didn't look further.
Yikes! I hadn't even noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out I've put it in the tutorial section now.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:40pm
Hole Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
Yikes! I hadn't even noticed that. Thanks for pointing it out I've put it in the tutorial section now.
Thanks ... that will make it easy for hubby to find.

Old 2009-01-02, 8:45pm
are we there yet?

How cool, I'm going to have to add this to my list of "tuts I want" that I am frequently shoving under my DH's nose.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well make beads. jazz