TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2006-02-03, 4:56pm

Default Betta Bead Torch

I'm wondering if anyone here has gotten this torch? If so, I would love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks,
Rose
Old 2006-02-04, 7:21am

Oooh!, Oooh! Me! Me! I am one of the lucky ones!

Got it! Love it! So far so good! Huge range of flames can be dialed in, melts boro in a hurry. Doin' the happy dance here in northern Colorado.
Patti
Old 2006-02-04, 7:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by missp_32
Oooh!, Oooh! Me! Me! I am one of the lucky ones!

Got it! Love it! So far so good! Huge range of flames can be dialed in, melts boro in a hurry. Doin' the happy dance here in northern Colorado.
Patti

WAY TO GO PATTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hooked up a second concentrator and can't believe the difference it has made with my bobcat.
You have natural gas though don't you??? One or two concentrators? Ok show us your boro!!!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2006-02-04, 9:28am

Default Betta

Patti,

Are you on 1/4 psi NG? I think that's just regular pressure...

Rose
Old 2006-02-09, 7:26pm
Ghost Town Glass

Anyone else? I am seriously considering one...
Old 2006-02-10, 6:30am

OK. Yes, I'm on just a regular household connection. It is in our garage. Was intended for a hanging heater but I spied it and took it over before my DH knew what happened LOL! One 5lpm concentrator and uhhhhm, I've been making lots and lots of boro orphans LOL! OK, OK, here's a couple pics, but don't laugh. Obviously I need ppp!

uhm ... right now I can't figure out how to include the pics .... duh!
Old 2006-02-10, 6:32am
In search of her path....

can someone take a picture of the face of the torch a real close up? I really am thinking of ordering this torch but I want to know what the port setup is like

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Prints for sale in my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!
Old 2006-02-10, 6:33am

Oh, OK. Just found it

Old 2006-02-10, 6:41am

ok wow and thats like on household gas and ONE concentrator?

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-02-10, 7:31am

Yup!
Old 2006-02-10, 7:52am

im a bad bad girl
ive been saving up my ebay money for a torch...I ORDERED ONE! It shall be in my col lil hands on mondaay!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-02-10, 9:05am
Feverish Little Minx

Wow! I'm on a HH now, was thinking of getting a minor because I ultimately want to use natural gas and an oxy con....but if I want to do boro I would just end up buying another torch anyway.....soooooo....maybe I should just skip a step and buy this little baby?!

I'm all out of clever.
Old 2006-02-10, 9:37am
Covered in glitter

OK, I have a HH, a Minor and I think now I am going to have a Betta. Mind you, I don't have any of them hooked up right now! I think I am better off collecting beads than torches but it sounds like just what I'm looking for!

Brent, do you think there will be anyone selling them at Bead and Button? I never feel quite as guilty buying things I don't really need when I am there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-02-10, 2:02pm
boro color bender

I am not sure if there will be any at bead and button. I've kept my mouth shut about these torches, because they only made 20 to start off with and they are probably all gone. No sense in getting people excited when they can't get one! LOL... I know I sold out right away with just preorders... we got half of the first batch. I'm hoping more are done soon. If anybody wants to get on the waiting list, just shoot me an email ( brentgraber@smartcity.net ) and I'll keep you informed. The Piranhas are sold out right now too... but they are making more of those and shipping soon. They owe my supplier a few at the old price, so I'll do a waiting list on those too. They just went from $250 to $325... I can do a few at the old price. If you are on propane, I'd get a piranha... but if you are on NG, there's not a better bead torch than the Betta.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-02-10, 2:50pm

There is one on EBay right now. Ends Sunday. BIN at $397 with (well, for me anyway, $16 shipping) or the opening bid is $358. No bids so far.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Oh, I do not know this seller, nor am I promoting the auction, just happened across it

Patti G.
Old 2006-02-10, 4:35pm

I got Kristians at Generations Glass last betta it should be here monday im jonesin! to try it out. like i said before ive saved my ebay money up for this puppy.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-02-10, 5:04pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by missp_32
There is one on EBay right now. Ends Sunday. BIN at $397 with (well, for me anyway, $16 shipping) or the opening bid is $358. No bids so far.

Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Oh, I do not know this seller, nor am I promoting the auction, just happened across it

Patti G.
I'm pretty sure that's Kristian and he's out now... Karin got his last one, but there will be more soon. I've got a few more Piranha's on the way and the Bettas are next. Kristian is awesome to deal with, so don't hesitate on that auction... he will have one to ship soon.

edited to just say he may actually be holding one for that auction. I shouldn't speak for him and his inventory. he may have sold the last one available to Karin, but still has one to ship for that auction... I'd email and ask. Sorry Kristian if I messed up guessing the situation.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-02-10, 9:38pm
Established Thinker I Am

So, can you explain in more detail the difference btw a Piranha and a Betta? Which is hotter? I do run propane, but is Boro a possibility with a Piranha and one concentrator? (I don't do boro....yet.)

Thanks,
Serena

l
l
l
Old 2006-02-28, 1:09pm
Type ZZZ personality

What is the maximum size bead you should be able to make with this torch and regular household pressure NG and two oxycons? Soft and boro?

I am going to have my gas piped into the house and I'm trying to decide if I should get propane piped in or the NG already coming to my house. I do mostly soft glass, but dabble in boro, too. I have a Lynx now, but sometimes I feel it's overkill since I do mostly soft glass.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2006-02-28, 1:37pm

The official stats.
The Betta was designed to run on low pressures, inlcuding natural gas.
The most intersting information for me is;
The Piranha can burn 2.8 cubic feet of gas per hour. The Betta can burn 4.4
That means if you run it on normal tanks, it can burn 57% more fuel than the Piranha...... making it a much hotter torch. With this new information, it will end up being a torch option for artists running propane and tanked O2 as well
as the natural gas / concentrator artists. I ran a Betta for a month before I had to send it on to another artist for testing. I will pick one up in the next bunch that come available.
Old 2006-02-28, 3:16pm

Default Betta Bead torch

I bought a Betta from Kristian. I have used it for a little over a week with 2psi propane and an Air Sep 5lpm concentrator. I am a newbie who was on a Hothead. It is really hot! The flame is fairly narrow compared to the Hothead and I haven't made any large beads, but I haven't begun to use the hottest flame available (using soft glass) and it is plenty hot for me!! I also use the pinpoint flame a lot and it is wonderful and easy to switch back and forth!! Jerry at Bethlehem is wonderful and generous with his time and answering any questions you might have. I spent a long time researching torches before I bought this one. I think every torch is good according to its purpose. I am so far extremely happy with my Betta
Old 2006-03-01, 1:04pm

Taneres,
Sorry I missed your question. Yes, the Piranha on one small concentrator will melt boro. When we were testing the 10P (M10) concentrator, I was blowing x-mas ornaments on the Piranha using 1" heavy wall tube... and 30mm Scallop Boro Tube. Winston (from Hollywood, Florida) Made a 7" tall clear football player using 16mm Simax Boro. No problems at all.