LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2006-03-06, 12:46pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by smutboy420
It would seem like going by the cubic foot size would be the easy way.

If you don't care about accuracy of gas suppliers methods... If you accept his word as gospel, you may have been getting screwed for years and been quite happy till you find out the truth...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2006-03-06, 12:53pm
In search of her path....

I will agree with dale here....my supplier is just a reseller from the main supplier they are a sattellite place to get tanks so you ddont have to drive a county over. This sucks because they dont know jack crap about what they sell even though they use it! I talked to them about the capacity # and they told me they were all the same and I told them nono they are not some are 2015 some are 22something so on so forth
they didnt believe be till I went back in the back with them to the tanks and showed them here this one is a 2015 this one here is a 2165 and so on...they had no cllue!

Im still having problems though using about 2X the amount of oxy I should be when torching.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-03-06, 3:41pm

I was meaning easy as far as terminolgy. But I could see it being a problem if a place don't know the interchanges of the terms.
Like if i go in to the place I used to go to for tanked o2. I can say to the guy at the counter I need to swap out a 255 o2 tank . But when he picks up the walkie talkie to call up to the back He says "we need a K tank of o2 up front" or whatever size it is. I could see it being a problem if a place don't know the conversions. you could even very well be told oh I don't think we have that size if you ask for it in a term they don't use.
I've seen an almost simuler situation happen when a local girl was getting frustrated cause she called every welding place in the book looking to get her tank filled and they all keep telling her no they can't fill her tank.
I turns out. She was asking If she brings in her tank "can they fill it for her." Instead of saying no but we can swap it. They all just said NO we don't fill tanks. She was starting to think they had some thing against her cause she knew others have gotten em from some of the places she called.

What I'm wondering with the amouts from tank to tank vary so much from one place to the next and from one tank to the next at some places. is there any kind of weights and measures issue if a tank is not filled to a mim amount of what it supposed to have in it. if its by cubic foot or some form of measure? it would seem if some one pays for 255 cubic feett of o2 that the tank should have to have atleast 255 cubic feet of o2 in it. Dale do you know if that would be like any other product sold by volume like milk and gasoline?
you seem to be the resident gas guy here. So I figured that might be some thing you might know?
Old 2006-03-06, 5:53pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Here is chart of popular sizes....Notice wide variation of tank names, all referenced to same dot number.

If you go to the WORTHINGTON site mentioned above and look at tank dimensions per DOT number it will give their specific design capacity (CF) at a specific pressure (psi) it should clear up any mystery.... All tanks have DOT number stamped into top of tank, even last inspection date and some other information we probably don't need. Some tanks have same DOT number so the other criteria for size (capacity) is physical dimension of tank.

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-03-06 at 6:14pm.