Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-09-10, 10:23am
Boro Brat

Talking Eye canes and soft glass...

Woohoo!! I just got through testing my eye cane method using soft glass and it worked just as well as it does in boro!! Yay!! That means these eyes can be used on beads, pendants, sculptures, etc...out of boro OR soft glass and can even be done on a HH

Now, I have a question...would you all be more likely to purchase the tutorial if it showed pictures of making it out of both boro and soft glass in separate sections? I'm thinking it would be good to show a cane with a round pupil out of soft glass and then maybe a diamond or oval pupil out of boro...thoughts??

Oooooh I can't wait to start working on this one!!!!!!

Thanks for any input!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-10, 10:36am
Borovangelist

I dunno, but do you have an example of the cane you're talking about?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2008-09-10, 11:05am
Boro Brat

Sure! These aren't the greatest pictures because the eye is so small. The pictures don't show half the detail, but you can get an idea of what they look like. Sorry the pic is so huge These are boro but I just made one out of soft glass and can't tell the difference By the way, these eyes follow you as you move around the piece

Last edited by pipyr; 2008-09-10 at 11:11am.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:19am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

those are kewl!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:33am
Covered in glitter

Wow! Love them!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-09-10, 11:48am
passionate about pets

fun !!!!

*StOrM*

Nortel Minor- Natural gas & Oxycon

Old 2008-09-10, 11:59am
Borovangelist

oooh, pretty! Thanks

|
|
Old 2008-09-10, 1:35pm
Satake Woman!

I'd kind of like to see both. It is always different heating the boro and the soft glass, and the colors you use are different too.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-09-10, 5:15pm
Mad about Glass

I'd like to see both also. Those eyes are weird in a very nice way. Cool as!

Jenn

[url]

Old 2008-09-10, 7:21pm
Oh No You Didn't!

Is the tutorial done yet? Gimmie, gimmie!

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-09-10, 8:35pm
Boro Brat

OK, I will definitely show both. I made a very slight variation to the soft glass cane while I was working it, so I think it would be easier to just show the two glasses completely seperately. I'm really excited to do this tut...it will be a fun one.

I've been making eye canes all day to show the effects of different colors and have gotten some really great eyes out of all the play time.

It will be next week before we can take pictures for this one, but I promise it will be worth the wait.

Old 2008-09-10, 8:37pm
Boro Brat

Oh yeah...you guys better love me because I actually used the soupy stuff today just because I love all of you! I'm shocked that I didn't end up as a puddle on the work table

Old 2008-09-11, 12:16am
Oh No You Didn't!

We love you even without the tutorials!

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-09-11, 11:23am
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogsongstudio View Post
We love you even without the tutorials!
Awwwwwwwww

Old 2008-09-11, 11:44am
Always smiling, again.

Eye canes are so much fun!! I think everyone should learn how to make them. Great idea for a tutorial!

Old 2008-09-11, 11:49am
Borovangelist

so what you're saying is you're going to cover boro, 104 AND satake?

|
|
Old 2008-09-11, 2:17pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
so what you're saying is you're going to cover boro, 104 AND satake?
Bwahahahahahaahaaaaaa...no satake...not on your life!!

Old 2008-09-11, 5:57pm
Satake Woman!

I suppose you could talk me into doing the Satake part.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-09-12, 5:44am
birdergirl ~o~

Pipyr,
I would love the eye tut for 104!!!, I almost slipped into the dark side with the creature tut but, hanging by one fingernail , managed to pull myself back to the reality that I need to stay on the 104 for the time being.
I know it will be great!!!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-09-12, 5:45am
Gimme that silver glass!

Thanks to you Pipyr, I'm on the dark side as wel . My stash boro is grwoing every day and I got 2 concentrators rigth now .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-09-12, 10:02am

Ooooohhh.... I'd love to know how to do this! I'll be watching out.
Old 2008-09-12, 11:52am

Bend my arm and just let them come and look into my eyes. Yes that would be ever so cool. Love your eyes any way.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-09-13, 5:03am
Lover of all things color

Pipyr, any idea when this one will be done? I've been waiting to get my hands on this one for a long time. I would prefer both boro and 104, I prefer 104 but may "graduate" to boro eventually.

thanks,

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-09-13, 5:28am
Torch Hog!!!

WOW your eyes rock!!! I can't wait to learn how to do them!

Papadoodle

Philip Hertz

Old 2008-09-13, 7:05am
Boro Brat

Hey Jan...We plan to take pictures for this one next weekend and it will take a few days longer to get everything finished

Thanks so much everyone!!

Old 2008-09-13, 8:41am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Anybody have a "waiting with baited breath" smilie?

The closest I have is a smilie with a whip.
GET CRACKIN' PIPYR Name:  whip smiley.gif
Views: 1806
Size:  10.6 KB

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-09-13, 10:02am
Lover of all things color

Cool Pipyr, just so I know when to check back. Thanks and take your time, I need to go out and earn enough to buy this....LOL

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-09-13, 11:13pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I've never worked with boro but I'd like it in both too for when I graduate.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-09-16, 12:10pm
Gimme that silver glass!

If it's possible in soft glass, I would prefer that first. But of course I would love to know how to do in boro as well .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-09-16, 4:43pm
Mad about Glass

Pipyr, are both types of glass included in one tutorial or is it two separate tuts? Just need to know how to work!!! the budget.

Thanks
Jenn

[url]