Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Old 2005-11-07, 8:55pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Default Propane needle jumping?

Hi all,

Hoping someone will be able to tell me what's going on with my torch. I just got a propane refill, the 2nd on this torch, (National 8M), and for some reason, the flame seems to fluctuate slightly -- contstantly. When I look down at my gauges, I can see the needle jumping slightly. I've never had this happen and I'm wondering if anyone knows what is causing this. Do I not have a good connection? Is there something I can do to rectify this? It's annoying because it is just spastic enough to mess with me, especially when doing detail stuff.

Please don't say it's some kind of equipment malfunction. Pretty please!!!!

Thanks for all your help.

Oh, and an aside -- why is my Rubino comletely devitrifying? Tried working it further up in the flame, and adjusting the oxy/propane ratio. I can't get this glass to do it's thing!! Just goes clear. Any help here would also be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-08, 6:42am
Safety ALWAYS

This can happen on a brand new freshly filled tank. In spite of the so-called OPD (overfill protection device), it is still possible to put too much propane in the tank.

For a week or so, simply run your pressure a couple of pounds higher than you normally do.

As far as your Rubino is concerned, are you using the surface mix tip on your 8M?

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2005-11-08, 7:34am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Oh, thank you so much Mike for the info. And yes, it's the surface mix 7 tip that I have.