Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-09-26, 10:26am
I'm a lilac!

Default 96 reactive ivory

I haven't tried all the available 96 colors yet, but of what I have tried, I haven't yet found one that does the beautiful, silver-reactive magic of either Effetre or Vetrofond regular and dark ivory. If anyone knows of one that is available in cane, I would love to hear about it! If not... do you think if we 96-lovers were vocal about it, someone would make one?

Psssst, manufacturers of COE 96 colors! We want a silver-reactive ivory, preferably one that striates and curdles!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-09-26, 11:27am

Yeah, what she said!

Old 2011-09-26, 11:54am
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Yes, please!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-09-26, 12:04pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

+1 !!!

--
--
--

Old 2011-09-26, 12:18pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Yeah, ditto.

Old 2011-09-26, 1:06pm

Me too!
Old 2011-09-26, 2:53pm
I'm a lilac!

I should have put a poll in the thread! Anyone know who we could email to ask for this? Perhaps Gaffer would be interested?

Old 2011-09-26, 2:56pm
I'm a lilac!

I was looking at colors... has anyone tried R-161? That's one I appear to have missed. I'll have to try it in my next order.

Old 2011-09-26, 3:23pm
Naysayer

This lack of reactive ivory is really why I won't go to 96
..yet, because someone will make it ?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-09-26, 3:27pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

One of the zimmerman ivories is/was reactive
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-09-26, 3:27pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
I was looking at colors... has anyone tried R-161? That's one I appear to have missed. I'll have to try it in my next order.
Yes. I've tried them all and none are reactive except the Zimmerman Z86.

Old 2011-09-26, 6:15pm

Aw heck. I have both Z-86 and R-161 but only in frit form....

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-09-26, 7:21pm

Spectrum glass (System 96) has been receptive to new color suggestions. They are nice to talk to / deal with ... it's worth a shot.

Cheryl

Old 2011-09-26, 9:49pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Spectrum glass (System 96) has been receptive to new color suggestions. They are nice to talk to / deal with ... it's worth a shot.

Cheryl
If they made a silver reactive version of of Opal Almond, I'd be in Hog Heaven. I freakin' love that color!

Old 2011-09-26, 10:33pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
If they made a silver reactive version of of Opal Almond, I'd be in Hog Heaven. I freakin' love that color!
That would be awesome!

Old 2011-09-27, 3:04am

Quote:
Me too

Cheryl

Old 2011-09-27, 10:10am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I've been pestering them about that since they first introduced lampworking cane... in fact, I even took them a sample of Effetre ivory and said please please please! Maybe if a BUNCH of us ask, they'll realize that it really is something that is badly wanted.

Old 2011-09-27, 10:57am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Hmmmm, a little birdie told me that in my supply order that I will be receiving tomorrow that I am going to have two new reactive 96coe rod colors. Rumor has it it is a reactive transparent red and a reactive pastel red. YUM!! It is a step in the right direction.

Last edited by Howaco; 2011-09-27 at 11:00am.
Old 2011-09-27, 11:05am
I'm a lilac!

There are a lot of 96 reds that react to silver. Reactive red is nice, but reactive ivory is kind of the holy grail...

Old 2011-09-27, 1:47pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

What a bummer, thought I was giving good news that Uroboros has some new reactive colors, bummer that it is just a same-ole, same-ole thing. It is so rare that they come up with something new. Guess I will loose the excitement and save it for the next time they have something new

Old 2011-09-27, 1:55pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Post the numbers to call and i will jump in on the "pretty please" bandwagon. That is one of the only things that I miss going to furnace work.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2011-09-27, 1:58pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
What a bummer, thought I was giving good news that Uroboros has some new reactive colors, bummer that it is just a same-ole, same-ole thing. It is so rare that they come up with something new. Guess I will loose the excitement and save it for the next time they have something new
Reactive colors ARE exciting, but this thread is about reactive IVORY.

Old 2011-09-27, 2:02pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Post the numbers to call and i will jump in on the "pretty please" bandwagon. That is one of the only things that I miss going to furnace work.
I don't know who to call or email... I'm guessing the Gaffer Girls would be a good starting point at
, and maybe the contact form on the Uroboros website:

I'm going to include a link to this thread, as well, and maybe that will help!

Old 2011-09-27, 3:06pm

Spectrum glass email >>>

I know they are always developing new colors so it's worth a shot

Cheryl

Old 2011-09-27, 7:00pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks Cheryl!

Old 2011-10-02, 8:21am

Oh yeah,a 96 reactive Ivory would open up a whole new world
in glass creation.Gives me goosebumps.

Karen
Volkano Exotik

ripzz
Old 2011-10-03, 11:43pm
Bravewarrior stumblinbatt

I agree - we want a reactive 96 coe Ivory!!

Some of the pale cream (latte & duck egg white from memory) Gaffer glasses are slightly reactive - just not the ivory so much.

I've mentioned it to the boys before but it seemed their mindset was really geared towards the furnace workers rather than lampworkers & a reactive ivory didn't seem to be a huge priority.

That said I think that the latest Gaffer releases were inspired by the cry of lampworkers for a z99 replacement - so maybe they are a little more open to suggestion now

Perhaps we should make a list of what sort of reactive characteristics we'd like to see in an Ivory....whether it just reacts with silver or if it also reacts & curdles when cooked alone etc.

This was silver foil on a latte base - not the reaction we get from 104 coe Ivory, but not completely without merit either.

~
~
~
Old 2011-10-04, 4:18am

One of my favorite cane ivories (yes, yes I know - "OMG! Leslie actually works with CANES!!!" LOL) was from Bullseye - right now I'm having trouble thinking (rattling around in a car like the inside of a maraca twice in two weeks will do that to a girl :/) but I think that it was Antique White. It was! It was! I love that color!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2011-10-04, 4:41am
And silence is golden

Add me to the list of interested parties.

DEB! Those beads of yours are gorgeous!
Old 2011-10-04, 6:04am
Lampworkaholic!

Bullseye French Vanilla is reactive with silver and I'm thinking, with the silver content added, it might be OK to use with 96, a lot of which is closer to 92-95.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox