Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-04-10, 12:27pm
Ruri Glass Studio

I'll be there at #1212 and also be there as Akihiro's interpreter.
See you there, Miss Spider.
Only three seats are left for the class.
Old 2008-04-10, 1:23pm
Put beads on your head!

That's GREAT Emiko! I love your work and I'm really looking forward to meeting you and Akihiro. I KNEW I should have taken that conversational Japanese class this spring, then I could at least say hello and thank you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-10, 1:24pm
Covered in glitter

I am getting so excited! I need to start chanting my new mantra...I will not shop...I will not shop...I will not shop...OH, hell who am I kidding...

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-04-12, 12:31am
Dora Schubert

I will be in booth # 812. Look forward to meeting all of you!
Old 2008-04-12, 7:49pm
Sam I Am

Have fun everyone who is going. I have to stay home. But my "Out of the Box" entry will be there. My work gets to travel more than I do. Maybe next year.
Sam

Old 2008-04-15, 11:58am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
I am getting so excited! I need to start chanting my new mantra...I will not shop...I will not shop...I will not shop...OH, hell who am I kidding...
LOL! That sounds just like me!!!! I keep telling myself that I can control my shopping... Well, if B&B goes anything like the Quilt show I just went to last weekend, my CC is going to be smokin'....!
Old 2008-04-18, 2:31pm
Covered in glitter

Well I just signed up for another class. I didn't have anything on Friday until 1pm so now I have a class from 830-1130. That'll be fun!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-04-21, 6:48am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz View Post
Well I just signed up for another class. I didn't have anything on Friday until 1pm so now I have a class from 830-1130. That'll be fun!
OOO - what did you sign up for?
Old 2008-04-29, 1:21pm

Smile

Please come and say "Hi"! I'll be in my booth at 1231.... on the far right hand wall toward the back. I can always find my way back to booth because it's near the second from the last structural pillar!

I'll also be involved in the Flame Off and it will be very exciting! I think a pink fish for breast cancer awareness would be appropriate, don't you ?

Also sharing part of my booth will be Jeff Barber's beads. He will be teaching most of the time, but I'll get to keep shop for his beauties. I have great neighbors on both sides: Ed Garfield and Ann Choi.

See you there!

Ofilia

Old 2008-05-02, 7:29am

Default Bead & Button

Looking forward to B&B! I'm taking Anne Mitchell's Viking Knit Woven Chain class on Saturday and Maria Martinez' Pure Silver Sphere Bead class.

See you all in Milwaukee!

Nancy
Beaver Island Jewelry
Web site
Blog
Old 2008-05-02, 10:49am
Covered in glitter

Only a month away! I can't wait!

Old 2008-05-02, 1:49pm
Put beads on your head!

Is the bead social on Saturday night fun? I don't know anyone in person...will I feel like a wallflower?

Old 2008-05-03, 7:34pm
Covered in glitter

Oh poo, I won't be there Saturday night or I'd be there with you!

Old 2008-05-19, 6:02am

Karen,
I've found B & B attendees to be very friendly. If you wear one of your great goddesses, people will flock to you!
I'll be at the Bead Social - well, I have a ticket anyway. The last show I didn't have enough energy to go to it. I've got another packed schedule, two classes, the flameoff, dinner with friends, the social, maybe some volunteer time at the isgb booth, WHAT was I thinking? I need time to shop for beads, shop for glass, lol.

Patti
Old 2008-05-19, 8:51am

I'll be there in booth #5 this year......... wish I had more beads!!!!!!!!

Andrea

Old 2008-05-19, 1:52pm
Ruri Glass Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-spider View Post
Is the bead social on Saturday night fun? I don't know anyone in person...will I feel like a wallflower?
Karen, you'll meet at least 12 people in the class before Saturday.

Last edited by Emiko; 2008-05-19 at 1:55pm.
Old 2008-05-19, 8:51pm
Put beads on your head!

Thanks you guys!! SHould I buy a ticket in advance? or just get one at the show?

Old 2008-05-19, 9:37pm

I'll be there in my booth, I think it is number 426??? Selling my charms and other fabulous finds that will sooo nicely compliment all your lovely lampworked beads! I can hardly wait although I am flying on an airline I have never heard of before! Lois

Old 2008-05-20, 5:10am

Karen - I think it sells out, so you should buy tickets ahead of time. On the other hand, sometimes the day of the social I have seen people post on the bulletin board that they are trying to sell their ticket, so that is a back up plan!! See you there, I'll be in the same corner booth as Patti Cahill! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-05-20, 11:04am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I'm going to my first B&B! Just going there to shop. I did sign up for Meet the Teachers also.

Ebay:
Old 2008-05-20, 1:17pm

I'm really looking forward to it this year...I'll be teaching 2 classes and this year I have a booth. It's 116 along the wall. My sister Carla will be at the booth when I'm in class - so stop by and say hi....I should be there Sunday and after class.

I'll have my new dvd "All that Glitters" there for sale. I'll also be at Meet the Teachers and the Flame Off...so so busy....

Can't wait to see everyone!!!

Lisa
Old 2008-05-20, 4:24pm
Fusing Glass

its getting close! If anyone feels left out just stop by my booth, Daph and I are always willing to share our dinnertime and the festivities with anyone!
Old 2008-05-21, 8:40am
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-spider View Post
You will meet so many people and, remember, a lot of people are they alone as well. I took a workshop a few years ago and about 6 of us, maybe even more, would go out to dinner every night. We had a great time. I still see some of them at B&B from time to time. It was a lot of fun. You will not be a wallflower!

Old 2008-05-21, 3:43pm
IMAHO

Who's going to "Meet the Teachers"? Is this a new thing, or something I have just overlooked before? I am wondering if it is worth it- $12 for chat time?

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2008-05-21, 5:50pm
Covered in glitter

You have an opportunity to buy things there as well. The really popular vendors are swamped generally. I went last year but probably won't this year.

Old 2008-05-21, 5:55pm
IMAHO

So would you say that it is more of a "first peek" rather than conversational content?

Old 2008-05-21, 7:56pm
Covered in glitter

Yes and no...I've only gone to it one time and that was last year. Part of my problem ws that my back hurt so bad I could hardly walk and there was no place inside to sit down. After about the first 1/2 row all I wanted to do was cry. I might enjoy it a little more now. LOL It's worth it if you can afford the ticket. I don't remember what it is, not much I think, and it's a little more personal than when the floor stuff all starts. If money's tight at all...I don't know that I'd spend it on that.

Just my feeling about it and I'm sure that a lot of people feel very differently about it.

Old 2008-05-21, 9:58pm

I just can't wait! It sounds like so much fun. I hope i have a chance to meet everyone (I'm taking notes on who will be where).
Unfortunately I wont be able to stay for the Bead Social. I have a ticket for it, but it turns out that I have to leave before that. If anyone would like it, send me a mesage.

megan
Old 2008-05-22, 11:33am

If you go to the Bead Social, you'll get the first opportunity to buy the teachers' beads. Also, the ones who are teaching beading projects, will have class examples, so you can sign up if their classes aren't filled. Many of the teachers also sell kits for their projects.

I found it was good to introduce yourself to the teacher for the classes you were taking, it made it more friendly when you went to class.

Patti
Old 2008-05-22, 4:37pm
IMAHO

Patti, you mean the Meet the Teachers event, on Wednesday night right? I thought the Bead Social was Saturday, just desserts and a place to hang out and share your beads with each other, not necessarily a selling venue.