Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-07-24, 11:00am

Default Melanie moertel: Super-fine stringer control @ egs 8/14

Melanie Moertel $225 + $15 material fee (non-refundable)
August 14, Sat (10am- 5pm)

Beadmakers! You don’t want to miss this!! Melanie is coming all the way from Germany to teach this one-day class! In this class students will learn the basics of pulling and applying super-fine stringer work. The class will start with a brief background, and demonstrations then students will have enough time to practice. In the afternoon more complicated and colorful focal beads such as Melanie’s penguins and fairies will be covered.
Advanced level.

http://www.eugeneglassschool.org/cla...gerControl.php

MELANIE MOERTEL works and lives in her tiny studio in the historic city of Bamberg/Bavaria. After finishing school Melanie started to work as a graphic designer at several art companies and as a print mediadesigner for about 7 years. In October 2003 Melanie started doing lampwork beads, which meanwhile became her full time job. For her beads she mainly uses Moretti, Lauscha, Kugler, Vetrofond and Double Helix glass and she loves to work colorful and detailed. All her beads are unique and she sells only on ebay or sometimes specials on her website. Melanie doesn’t do custom orders because her beads are an expression of her personality, feelings and impressions. Which, Melanie says, is also good for you: if you fall in love with a piece you know that you will be the only one in the world who owns this particular bead. A big part of Melanie’s inspiration is the glass itself – the possibilities of combining opaque and transparent elements and the wonderful color world the diverse glass manufactures are offering – and also the fact that a cooled down bead can’t be changed.

http://www.melaniemoertel.com/

Eugene Glass School
575 Wilson Street
Eugene OR 97402

Telephone: (541) 342-2959
Fax: (541) 342-2924

email: info@eugeneglassschool.org

www.eugeneglassschool.org
Attached Images

Old 2010-07-24, 12:07pm
I'm a lilac!

Ohhhhhh no I'll be in Tucson on the 14th! WHYYYYY????!

I would give my eyeteeth for this class!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-07-24, 5:50pm
I'm not Barbie.

Oh lordy, I'd LOVE to take this class.