No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-06, 4:46am
The Grand Foobah

Man I didn't even think of that! Hubby had to run an extra circuit a couple years ago to help me out because in the winter I have two oxycons, my kiln, the radio, the light and an electric blanket going. Hope this doesn't throw me over my limit again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2010-05-06, 7:03am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
Aw, crud! When I want to add my space heater to the mix in my basement studio, I have to run it from an extension cord on another circuit because the same thing happens to me if I try to run it on the same line as my 2 oxycons, light, kiln and blower. Won't do me much good to have a rod warmer that I can't put on my bench and run, eh?
You can get a heavy duty orange 3-prong extension cord and a Power Strip with alot of plugs, and run it from a different plug in the house. THEN you can put a smaller extension cord on the Power Strip for your Rod Warmer.

That Rod Warmer is a must for happy glassing! Hope you can work it out!
Old 2010-05-06, 8:30am
Remember to keep smiling

ooooooH My tracking receipt states it was sorted in SLC yesterday a really good chance mine will arrive today......"should I wait by the door or should I go torch".....lol

SRA#P109
Old 2010-05-06, 12:56pm
If the Wooden Shoes Fit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaP View Post
ooooooH My tracking receipt states it was sorted in SLC yesterday a really good chance mine will arrive today......"should I wait by the door or should I go torch".....lol
Paula... I'd go torch, but leave a big note for the postman "DO NOT LEAVE WITH THAT PACKAGE" .... lol lol

My package is in Canada customs as of yesterday at 1:30 pm... ... So if they don't hold it, for some unknown reason, it should be here Wed. or Thurs. next week.. WA HOO...

Houkje
Old 2010-05-06, 12:59pm

Picked up my package from the post office today! Oh my can't wait to get to the torch! That lipstick pink looks interesting, can't wait to try the butterscotch marble and the frog green and, and and. Darn shame I won't get to play til at least tomorrow night!

Old 2010-05-06, 1:33pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRiverJewelry View Post
Picked up my package from the post office today! Oh my can't wait to get to the torch! Darn shame I won't get to play til at least tomorrow night!
It's a slow agony when you have to wait isn't it but then comes the fun!
Old 2010-05-06, 2:58pm
Remember to keep smiling

My package arrived. The lipstick pink sure looks yummy and so does the DK Rose Aventurine

SRA#P109
Old 2010-05-06, 3:16pm
Bigger, longer, and uncut

I made some Lipstick spacers. The rod behaved very nicely in the flame. Everything's in the kiln now.

Old 2010-05-06, 6:23pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Congrats Paula & Evelyn! Be sure to show us what you have fun with!

And out of curiosity how many of you Moms would like glass for Mother's Day?
Old 2010-05-06, 7:07pm
Remember to keep smiling

This mom always wants glass....lol My daughter has ordered me a handmade display case for my critters it want be ready till next week can't wait to see it

SRA#P109
Old 2010-05-07, 4:00am

I ordered within an hour after the sale started last Friday. On the 4th Devardi responded to my inquiry that everything went though fine and the only thing they can say is that they were doing their best to get everyones order out as soon as possible. Not another word.... Do they email the invoice when they ship it?

Old 2010-05-07, 5:03am
Live and Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humble newbie View Post
I ordered within an hour after the sale started last Friday. On the 4th Devardi responded to my inquiry that everything went though fine and the only thing they can say is that they were doing their best to get everyones order out as soon as possible. Not another word.... Do they email the invoice when they ship it?
Yes, you should see a shipping notice with a tracking number in your email when they ship the order. I checked out at 12 minutes past the hour when the sale began and they got my order out on the 5th. I'm sure they were slammed with orders and are working tirelessly to get them filled because they're awesome like that.

Old 2010-05-07, 6:37am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:

I was told that they were slammed with orders, probably from all over the globe!

It's great that they have so many people waiting to order, but it's a misery to wait! On the other hand, it means this glass - at this great price - will stay available!

You can send an email asking them about it, but I bet they are up early and working late to process shipments.
Old 2010-05-07, 6:37am
The Grand Foobah

My order was my mother's day present! Waiting patiently.......

Old 2010-05-07, 7:14am

I unpacked my box last night and took a closer look at everything. I am ready to place another order already! I look forward to trying out the new colors!
Old 2010-05-07, 7:43am

Hi Lisa..yes,very smal world..lol..and i just knew I was spelling Peterborough incorrectly.he used to live in Jaffrey..that was easier to spell .
I have 3 tracking #s..I had placed 2 original orders last friday.I had forgotten something and ordered a few other things in the second order.yesterday after i left my post on here I received a small Paypal refund from Natasha and a whole new shipping number.I hope my order wasn't just being packed yesterday but none of the tracking numbers are working.I am sooo anxious to get my things its all i can think about..like i don't have a whole room full of stuff already..lol.
I'm hoping by early next week i will have my order..oh..I see the Post office just sent me a note..gotta go fly and see whats up
Take care,
Diana
"

Old 2010-05-07, 8:08am
FatCat Mama

I know last time the big shipment came in, it was a week before I received notice of shipping. This time I only ordered three colors, and still haven't heard, but I expected that since sale was already an hour old when I ordered. I'm being patient, really I am.

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2010-05-07, 8:11am
me and dh just starting

Try ten minutes. I ordered 8 colors...but small amount of each.

Still haven't received notice.

Thanks,
Maria
Old 2010-05-07, 4:10pm

Did you guys check your paypal to make sure that everything went through? I am sure it is just the sheer number of orders that they have to put together.
Old 2010-05-07, 4:24pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by blong2001 View Post
Did you guys check your paypal to make sure that everything went through? I am sure it is just the sheer number of orders that they have to put together.
I just found out I somehow didn't complete my PayPal payment. My order was still sitting in the Cart and there was no PayPal payment in my account so I had to resubmit, and start my patience all over again!

Be SURE to check your PayPal accounts!
Old 2010-05-07, 5:02pm
The Grand Foobah

Oh Kristina, that is my worst nightmare! Do you at least have enough to tide you over? Were you able to get everything that you wanted?

Old 2010-05-07, 6:28pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Thank you Jenn. That's so kind of you to ask.

I do have a collection of mixed colors left to work with, because I originally bought the by-the-pound glass. I got my order sent in (again) this morning. Boy did I feel bright! I thought I would tell everyone after I read the warning about checking PayPal, because thats how I was sure I didn't get it sent in.
Old 2010-05-07, 7:08pm
Remember to keep smiling

Kristina - So sorry about the added delay on your order. I have done that myself thinking I submitted and never clicked the final submit button.

Due to short funds I wasn't able to order but a small quantityof glass this time. I am keeping my fingers crossed they want be sold out around the 15Th I want so many of the colors.

I had to try the DK Rose Aventurine - I love it. I hope you can see the sparkly in the hearts.

Name:  050710critter 001.JPG
Views: 1090
Size:  46.0 KB

SRA#P109
Old 2010-05-07, 7:20pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Yes, it's beautiful! And I bet we will all keep bumping up our stock as we get some extra money to spend! I love the Dk Transp Rose. That's got to be my favorite so far!

The hearts are precious and the glitter makes them extra special! You did such a sweet job!
Old 2010-05-07, 10:23pm

I sent them an email this morning and they advised that I was in the queue for today so would ship today. It sounds like they use quick shipping once they get to you. Can't wait to see their colors in person.

Old 2010-05-08, 8:33am
Live and Let Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foofaraw View Post
Man I didn't even think of that! Hubby had to run an extra circuit a couple years ago to help me out because in the winter I have two oxycons, my kiln, the radio, the light and an electric blanket going. Hope this doesn't throw me over my limit again!
Just looked at the Devardi site again and it now says that this unit draws 4.1 amps. Hope your circuit has that to spare... and mine too!

Old 2010-05-08, 8:57am

Quote:
I sent them an email this morning and they advised that I was in the queue for today so would ship today. It sounds like they use quick shipping once they get to you. Can't wait to see their colors in person.
Hey Teresa yup priority mail, I'm thinkin if it ships today....maybe Wed for you being in Texas. Mail seems to be moving pretty fast these days....I'm blasting through alot of fuel and I have to say, no surprises with the colors I've been working with. I'm really pleased....be sure to post pictures !!!
Old 2010-05-08, 9:08am

Kristina.... Very sorry to hear that your glass is going to be a longer wait for you..... Sure hope that you did not want any of the colors that have already sold out...

I have good news for me... My glass has cleared Canada customs, so it will be here next week for sure...

I want to put in another order, but I am trying to wait until all the orders have been filled... That way Natasha is not further back logged on orders, and everyone will get the glass they want... Hopefully.... 2 of the colors I would like are already sold out... ... But maybe they will be in the next shipment of glass...

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms...

Houkje
Old 2010-05-08, 9:35am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightforge View Post
Kristina.... Very sorry to hear that your glass is going to be a longer wait for you..... Sure hope that you did not want any of the colors that have already sold out...

I have good news for me... My glass has cleared Canada customs, so it will be here next week for sure...

I want to put in another order, but I am trying to wait until all the orders have been filled... That way Natasha is not further back logged on orders, and everyone will get the glass they want... Hopefully.... 2 of the colors I would like are already sold out... ... But maybe they will be in the next shipment of glass...

Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms...

Houkje

Thank you Houkje! You are a sweetheart to be so kind. The glass is worth the wait, and I bet they already have their next shipment ordered!
Old 2010-05-08, 9:54am

Paula... Love your little critters... I can't wait to try the DK Rose Aventurine, It looks real glittery in the hearts... Those critters will be great for Valentines Day sales...

Every one post pics of your new/old creations, always like to see pics...

Houkje
Closed Thread

Tags
devardi