Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-18, 2:13pm
jamieincharlotte

Talking Question for Squid regarding hot pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
Clio over striking orange.
Hi, Remember I asked about how to make hot pink and you replied clio over striking orange. Would that be the transparent orange 072 or the opaque one 229 or does it matter? Does it just automatically turn pink or do I strike/reduce it. I'm getting ready to order some orange, already have the clio.
Thanks so much.

jamie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jamief03; 2013-03-18 at 2:33pm.
Old 2013-03-18, 2:40pm
jamieincharlotte

Hey Squid, I've tried twice to post a message to you and somehow I flubbed it up. I think I deleted it by mistake. Anyway is that orange clockwork orange or trans. orange 072 or does it make a difference. And, do I put the clio over the orange and strike or reduce it and then what. It turns pink? Which is it strike or reduce? I don't know the process. I am getting ready to order the orange so....I don't know which one to get.

Old 2013-03-18, 2:45pm
Loving learning

Some eye candy and a link to a tutorial for doing the clio over encased transparent orange in this thread.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=197513
Old 2013-03-18, 2:47pm
Loving learning

Also, it is explained in this thread about clio, and there are more pictures.
http://lampworketc.com/forums/showth...orange&page=51
Old 2013-03-18, 3:34pm
jamieincharlotte

Thanks Eileen...but do you know if I use the transparent orange or the one called clockwork orange. I need to order and not sure which one to get.

Old 2013-03-18, 5:21pm
Loving learning

From what I have read, clockwork is the CIM transparent orange. I think I have seen people use both that and the effetre striking orange. I think I actually ordered some, but haven't used it yet. I can send you a short of each if I do have it, and if you can wait a few days so you can experiment. Let me know, & I'll go verify I do have it if you want to wait & experiment a little.
Old 2013-03-18, 5:27pm
jamieincharlotte

clockwork is the opaque and there is another clear orange. I looked it up on Frantz and saw the two colors. I just didn't know which one to use. By the way, did you make the sister shubert ham and swiss rolls yet? I can just order some of each. It isn't much and I hate for you to go to all of that trouble. Thanks so much.

Old 2013-03-18, 5:40pm
Loving learning

According to the CIM site, clockwork is a striking orange, that can range from transparent to opaque. http://www.creationismessy.com/color.aspx?id=20
I have seen posts with both clockwork and Effetre striking orange with the cleo. If you look through the 2nd thread (on clio) I posted, you'll see samples of each combo.
So you may just have to give them a try to see which one comes closer to your vision?

No, I haven't made the rolls yet unfortunately.
Old 2013-03-18, 6:32pm
jamieincharlotte

I looked through your posts and got lots of tips. As soon as it warms up here in Charlotte I'll try some things out. It got freezing here today after 70 yesterday. I'm ready for spring. I will check out the CIM colors too.

Thanks so much Eileen. You guys out there in LE land are great to answer questions. If you need a special recipe, I'm your gal.

jamie

Old 2013-03-18, 6:35pm
Loving learning

I'm not a natural cook, so I'm glad when others are & are willing to share!
Old 2013-03-19, 2:55pm
offically down under

I prefer the look of transparent red (the light one) under the Clio. It gives you reddish blue tones. Start out with a very small red base and keep rolling until you get the length you want and make sure you encase the red well before you add the clio.
Attached Images

Old 2013-03-19, 3:25pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammydownunder View Post
I prefer the look of transparent red (the light one) under the Clio. It gives you reddish blue tones. Start out with a very small red base and keep rolling until you get the length you want and make sure you encase the red well before you add the clio.
You mean you encase (in clear) first BEFORE you add Clio?

OMG this silver glass thing is gonna be so hard.

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-19, 3:57pm
offically down under

layer of trans red, layer of clear, layer or clio, cool reduce gently, encase, decorate.

Old 2013-03-19, 4:16pm
The Harbinger of Cuteness

Thank you Tammy! :^)

~
~

#M-191
Old 2013-03-19, 4:21pm
offically down under

start out as thin as you can or else it will get massive.

Old 2013-03-19, 7:16pm
jamieincharlotte

tammy, that sounds interesting and i have some t.r. will try and thanks.

Old 2013-03-19, 7:49pm
Senior Moment

I discovered, before learning that one needs a layer of clear in between Clockwork and Clio (thank you Eileen!), that I sometimes got a blue tint where the Clio lay over the Clockwork (and sometimes it just turned the Clockwork brown; yuck).

Cruddy pic, but you can see what I mean:
Name:  IMG_5037-002.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  47.3 KB

Obviously not pink; I suspect the clear does something to cause the pink colors to reflect thru the Clio instead of blue, so def use it!

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-03-19, 10:25pm
Entropy increasing....

CIM has nice pinks.