LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-09-24, 10:45am

I highly recommend Kimberly at http://www.pyronamix.com/Pyronamix/Welcome.html. Best product and outstanding help with problems or questions. You get what you pay for holds true in this situation. In my opinion, of course.

Ginko Beads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:46am

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Yeah, well, for $200 diference, I'd rather have mine next week than next year... Just sayin'...
Exactly.
And a unit that runs for years without trouble.

Ginko Beads
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:56am

Another vote for www.pyronamix.com. I have a 5 lpm machine on order from Kimberly. I've been away from glasswork and LE for a few years, but hope to be torching again soon.
Old 2013-09-24, 11:25am

We still carry Jack's brother, Paul's machines. They are Extreme Oxygen. They operate the same. Pretty much the same shell. They cost a bit more, but they are in stock, ready to ship today. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Not really trying to plug here, just want people to know there is a same day option if you are in a pinch. We as a distributor, also know what it's like to wait on necessary equipment and product.

Old 2013-09-24, 11:37am
jamieincharlotte

Well everyone, I am getting my $$ back from my credit card company. When I informed Jack about this he said " I have an M-20 I can send out today if I hold off and if I want a refund it would take his accountant 30 to do a refund ". Really!!! I'm going to wait 30 more days for a refund that will never come. No no no buddy. We are over, fini, kaput.

I appreciate the candid remarks private and posted. Anyone who may be thinking of buying from UO might need to rethink that. Read all of the posts old and new and then make your own decision.

Again, my thanks to everyone.
jamie

Old 2013-09-24, 12:03pm
Administrator

That is common. If you call to cancel, or file a claim, all of a sudden he has a unit ready to ship immediately.

Old 2013-09-24, 12:30pm

The time it takes Jack to refund the bank is not your problem, the bank refunds you and then contacts Jack.

Good for you...

I really hope UO gets their act together someday...

Old 2013-09-24, 12:51pm
jamieincharlotte

Yeah, funny how that works CorriDawn. I am self employed with my husband and if we need to issue a refund for anything, I simply write them a check. My accountant has nothing to do with it. Oh and I don't believe for one minute he had one there to ship. Do you know how many times he told me that? You probably do.

Peace

Old 2013-09-24, 12:59pm

In California both parties need to know or it isn't allowed.

Old 2013-09-24, 1:01pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamief03 View Post
Well everyone, I am getting my $$ back from my credit card company. When I informed Jack about this he said " I have an M-20 I can send out today if I hold off and if I want a refund it would take his accountant 30 to do a refund ". Really!!! I'm going to wait 30 more days for a refund that will never come. No no no buddy. We are over, fini, kaput.

I appreciate the candid remarks private and posted. Anyone who may be thinking of buying from UO might need to rethink that. Read all of the posts old and new and then make your own decision.

Again, my thanks to everyone.
jamie
No offense but if he can't afford to send out a machine or pay people what they owe..he has a crappy accountant that needs to be fired. BUT...I'm pretty sure he doesn't have one. Just another stalled excuse. Good for you on getting your money back!!!

Old 2013-09-24, 1:15pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
^this

Old 2013-09-24, 1:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
No offense but if he can't afford to send out a machine or pay people what they owe..he has a crappy accountant that needs to be fired. BUT...I'm pretty sure he doesn't have one. Just another stalled excuse. Good for you on getting your money back!!!
He has explained his business model more then once on here. He sells units that he doesnt have nor does he have the money to purchase. He then waits for payment on past due orders to satisfy these new sales. Almost guarantees serious delays and unhappy customers.
Old 2013-09-24, 1:17pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
They're still more expensive.. For me, I'd rather take the chance with UO and wait. But this thread isn't about me, heh.

Also, I agree with Squid, the laws on recording vary by state. In some, it's a felony not to inform the other person (and I assume you'd have to be twice as careful if you're calling someone in a different state). And no, you can't tell them after the fact, heh.

Not that I watch a lot of court shows or anything..
Fabulous, we'll have yet another thread in a few months.

Old 2013-09-24, 1:30pm

Quote:
Fabulous, we'll have yet another thread in a few months.
Actually, no. I'll try to get my units, and if I can't I'll do a chargeback through my CC. Simple. Worst case, if I can't get my money back, it will be an expensive lesson. Oh well, life goes on.

I appreciate being laughed at though, thanks.

"Good judgment comes from experience.. Which, unfortunately, comes from bad judgment."

“Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die.”

Last edited by Surrealle; 2013-09-24 at 1:38pm.
Old 2013-09-24, 1:42pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealle View Post
Actually, no. I'll try to get my units, and if I can't I'll do a chargeback through my CC. Simple. Worst case, if I can't get my money back, it will be an expensive lesson. Oh well, life goes on.

I appreciate being laughed at though, thanks.
Not exactly laughing at you but the ongoing, endless situations. Don't take my comment personally.

Old 2013-09-24, 1:45pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryC View Post
He has explained his business model more then once on here. He sells units that he doesnt have nor does he have the money to purchase. He then waits for payment on past due orders to satisfy these new sales. Almost guarantees serious delays and unhappy customers.
Then if someone who's been waiting two months calls and bugs him repeatedly, he sends them a unit that was actually built for someone else that has been waiting for three or four months. They just get to wait even longer.

Old 2013-09-24, 1:59pm
I'm meeeeelting

What's really crazy about it is that he's admitted here that he does that and he doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-09-25, 5:30am

imo, the dude needs to take out a small loan. clear up all the backlog of orders and don't get behind again.
unless there is more to it that we don't know...and i'm sure there is. perhaps jack lives way above his means...who knows.
Old 2013-09-25, 8:12am
Against the Grain

There's one of UO's concentrators on Seattle Craigslist. Poor guy waited 6 months for it and has to sell it for medical bills. Never been used. I almost feel like grabbing it for a back-up machine.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tls/4061889683.html

Old 2013-09-25, 8:32am

Whoa - holy crap! Well, if I ever thought of risking it with UO I certainly won't now. Geez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriDawn View Post
I would like to state that Jack Ridgeway also owes Lampwork Etc. money for advertising on this site. He has refused to pay the bill even though the ad already ran and he did receive the advertising that was promised. he has continued to ignore the bill until today when he wrote to let me know that the invoice will not be paid.

he has also refused to answer me for almost a year regarding my broken M-20. That means that I have an oxygen concentrator which is completely useless to me even though it supposedly came with a warranty.

I will no longer do business with him, nor will I recommend his company to anyone because of this ongoing issue with the unpaid bills.

Old 2013-10-09, 12:13pm

For my 2 cents, I know I will be buying my next concentrator from Larry at OxygenPlusMedical. I thought mine had bit the dust and emailed for information and when I spoke with Larry it turns out it was a simple reset (that I didn't know existed)! He could have never told me about it and I would have just bought a new one. Instead we spent time talking about what to get when I'm ready as opposed to a rush purchase.
I really appreciated his helping me out and not just getting the sale - that means a lot to me.

www.OxygenPlusMedical.com
Old 2013-10-10, 7:04am
Peerless Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass4jan View Post
For my 2 cents, I know I will be buying my next concentrator from Larry at OxygenPlusMedical. I thought mine had bit the dust and emailed for information and when I spoke with Larry it turns out it was a simple reset (that I didn't know existed)! He could have never told me about it and I would have just bought a new one. Instead we spent time talking about what to get when I'm ready as opposed to a rush purchase.
I really appreciated his helping me out and not just getting the sale - that means a lot to me.

www.OxygenPlusMedical.com
Thanks for this-I live about an hour from Moneta, VA, where this company is. Really good to know about them, and if I need to get another concentrator, I can go pick one up!

Old 2013-10-10, 10:18am

Customer service is a GOOD thing!

Barbara
Old 2013-10-13, 1:48pm

Both Lori Peterson and Lydia Meulle are having problems with that guy. I think Lori has been waiting 7 months