Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-02-06, 11:47am
I ate a big red candle!

Default Other uses for big holed beads

I'm not sure if this is the best section for this questions, but oh well.

What are other applications for big holed beads intended for pandora bracelets?

Before the word pandora was considered a no no on etsy, I used to sell a decent amount of simple pandora spacer pairs on a made to order basis. Now I don't sell as many, but since I have the listings already set up in my expired folder, I was going to try remarketing them. What other jewelry applications are there for large holed beads?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2014-02-06, 12:03pm

hair beads, dreadlock beads.
if they're long enough they could be sold as "roach holders" if you're ok with that type of thing.
Old 2014-02-07, 12:49am
Artistically Absorbed

I have a gal that does leather wrap/braid bracelet cuffs and she adds them to some of her creations. Also if they are pairs you can market them for earrings,

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2014-02-07, 8:51am

They're handy for using on doubled lengths of cord or ribbon in some jewellery designs. I know they get called slider beads some of the time.

|
|
|
|
Old 2014-02-07, 7:14pm

Ending Viking knit & kumihimo.
Decorating knitting needles and bobbins for bobbin lace.
Hemp hippie jewlery.

Old 2014-02-07, 7:28pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I made my husband a badge lanyard. I slid the badge over a leather cord, then slid both ends of the leather cord through a big holed bead & finished the cord ends. I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but all his co-workers loved it.

Vivian

-

Old 2014-02-11, 2:06pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

They would be great on the end of the shamballa bracelets.

Ebay:
Old 2014-02-12, 4:52pm

Para cord bracelets?

Old 2014-02-14, 5:36pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I like making chains with them

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2014-04-13, 5:08am

Cool! Neato! Gotta try that.
Old 2014-04-13, 7:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post

Love that idea!

Old 2014-04-13, 9:30am
I'm meeeeelting

I make clasps, but generally larger than pandora holes. Probably wouldn't work with a toggle, but I bet you could do it with a hook-like metal end.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2014-04-13 at 10:54am.
Old 2014-04-13, 11:44am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post

I love this!!
Old 2014-04-13, 1:05pm

What a great thread!
I love all of them

Old 2014-04-13, 1:31pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Yep, it is a great thread. I have to say, though I love the idea of the roach holder
Not that I partake -it's just a great idea
But I'm always looking out for different ways to close my necklaces, especially using my own glass.

SRA# P107
Old 2014-04-13, 1:35pm

Location: Northern Idaho ~ a Stones throw from both Canada & Montana (and a short jaunt to Washington!)

Awesome ideas everyone! I really loved your idea about the chains Di!
This is not jewelry, but maybe keychains?

Or perhaps knotting the BHB on to one or both ends of a long thick cotton/leather cord for a book thong?
Old 2014-04-13, 1:47pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Nice idea

SRA# P107
Old 2014-04-13, 2:12pm
I'm meeeeelting

I started making them for clasps because it bothered me to have a necklace full of lampwork and than an all metal clasp. I think the lampwork clasp ring helps tie the piece together. I've mostly made them for my own projects but I've made some clasps to match frequent seller beads/sets.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2014-04-13, 2:32pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I hear ya, Felicia. I feel the same way. For me it's about balance as well.

SRA# P107
Old 2014-04-13, 3:02pm
Loving learning

Wait! You mean you can use these beads I've got in a bowl to actually MAKE something!? What a concept! Maybe I'll give it a try too!
Old 2014-04-13, 3:07pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Ya duffer, Eileen

SRA# P107
Old 2014-04-17, 2:52pm

I saw salad spoons with large hole beads (also called "European" beads) on the handles. Don't know where the crafter got them (and they used cheapo beads, yuck!)

they look good on necklaces, too, especially flanking a pendant.
Old 2014-04-23, 9:27pm

Someone bought one from me once to use on a show dog lead