Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-12-01, 1:31am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Default December - show 'n' tell

Wow, this is my first time staring the boro thread.

I have been playing with some off mandrel stuff.
What do you guys think?? Feedback would be most welcome

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|

Last edited by chrissy; 2008-12-01 at 1:41am.
Old 2008-12-01, 7:47am
ManBearPig

A few recent marbles (front and back views) and a little vase I made just messing around with some stuff...

Old 2008-12-01, 10:46am

Nice work guys!
I'm loving that vase, cosmo!
Old 2008-12-01, 11:05am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Dang it Cosmo.
You and your awesome fuming.
I just want to yank that knowledge outta your
head and slap it into mine!

Love the shells Chrissy! Beautiful!!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2008-12-01, 11:34am
yukue fumei

Christina--WOW!! What a way to start a thread!!WoohoooO!

Cosmo!-your marbles are always amazing--really nice!!

nagi

Old 2008-12-01, 3:42pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Christina, what a cool design! I love it!

Cosmo, luscious marbles! I would love to try a marble some day!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2008-12-01, 6:26pm

Love the seahorse too.

That vase is gorgeous.
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-12-01, 6:34pm

I had hoped to post a pic of a bead with FF, but all I got was yellow. I went back to read the FF thread and I'm gonna try again. Anyhow, here's something I took out of the kiln yesterday.

My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2008-12-01, 6:50pm
Borovangelist

beautiful stuff!

I LOVE that vase!

|
|
Old 2008-12-01, 8:01pm

omg... what a start! I love that vase, too, Mr. Cosmo

my humble little swizzles of late... this is Green Flambe'. Loads of color and all I used with it is clear... flame struck...
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-01, 8:18pm
Pyromaniac

Yummy

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-12-01, 9:25pm

oh and did some free form pendants... I think the last one is my favorite..
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-01, 10:12pm
Spoiled

Christina - Love the seashells.
Cosma - Awesome marbles and vase.
Tracey - What a sweet little heart.
Kay - The color on the top of the swizzle sticks are really cool and the pendants are great too.

Here's a bottle stopper from me, it's 6 inches long total.
Attached Images

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-12-01, 10:40pm
yukue fumei

Tracey-It turned out beautiful!

Kay-WOW--gorgeous colors on the swizzle sticks! I like the pendants too!

Aimee-WOW!! That is a big beautiful stopper! I lOve that color! Is it for a wine bottle or a big vessel?

nagi

Old 2008-12-02, 5:27am
glass-a-delic

Very beautiful work everyone!
Your marbles are awesome Cosmo!
Im still working on my flower implosion pendants

Old 2008-12-02, 7:05am

oooooohhhhhh I love the last one!!!!

Old 2008-12-02, 9:14am
Renee Weaver

Beautiful swizzle sticks Kay and I love the loose frit!

Old 2008-12-02, 9:21am

thanks, Renee.. it is actually salt! But you just gave me an idea!!!

Old 2008-12-02, 9:34am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
thanks, Renee.. it is actually salt! But you just gave me an idea!!!
That's what I was thinking too. Put striking color frit in there and then run it through the kiln a couple times...

Old 2008-12-02, 9:42am
Pyromaniac

OOOOoooooo beautiful stuff here . . .

Two hearts for a custom order:
(sorry the pics are so big, sheesh!)

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-12-02, 2:46pm
yukue fumei

Voic--nice pendants and so many! Yummy!

Lana--your hearts are gorgeous! I love the detail!

nagi

Old 2008-12-02, 4:46pm

Christina - Love the pendants...totally yummy!
Cosmo - Fantastic work. You know my fav is the vase ;-D
Tracy - Pretty heart...having trouble remembering what FF is????
Kay - Those swizzlers are just luscious! Wonderful color!
Aimee - WOW...now that's a stopper, GF. Gorgeous!
Voic - I'd been wondering if you had gotten time to torch lately. Super implosions...gotta' go with that last one as a fav too.
Lana - Those hearts are just beautiful. I especially LOVE that first one.

I've been playing with Christmas ornies from Candice's tute all week. I'll try to get some pics and show ya's.
Samma

Old 2008-12-02, 9:09pm
Spoiled

Thanks Nagi and Samma.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

Old 2008-12-02, 9:47pm
Mandrel Slayer

Everyone's work is so great it's a little embarrassing to post my humble creations. Here are a few recent tabs.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2008-12-02, 10:33pm
Flamewoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by voic View Post
Very beautiful work everyone!
Your marbles are awesome Cosmo!
Im still working on my flower implosion pendants

What colors are you using for the top pendants? I love the ghostly quality
that they have.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2008-12-03, 6:39am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
What colors are you using for the top pendants? I love the ghostly quality
that they have.
I don't know what color she is using, but you can get a similar result using NS Extra Light yellow as your "petal", then putting another color right on top of it.

You can also get similar effects fuming silver first, laying down clear, then laying down color.

Old 2008-12-03, 7:44am
yukue fumei

Bonny- please don't be embarassed--your work is beautiful! My favorite is the last tab--cool!

nagi

Old 2008-12-03, 7:48am
Flamewoman

Hey Chad,
I have never Fumed. I have good ventilation, so...how do you fume?

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2008-12-03, 8:35am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
A few recent marbles (front and back views) and a little vase I made just messing around with some stuff...

Cosmo, your marbles are always outstanding. Someday maybe I'll run into you and be able to see one close up and personal. I also LOVE this vase! How tall is it? The colors are so very soothing and I like the artsy design on the base....
Old 2008-12-03, 8:38am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAG View Post
omg... what a start! I love that vase, too, Mr. Cosmo

my humble little swizzles of late... this is Green Flambe'. Loads of color and all I used with it is clear... flame struck...

Those are so neat! I can also see this with multi colored frit insite the tubing. Is this your unique design?