No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-05-07, 1:42pm

Default 104 Glow

K guys.
I may have the inside scoop to get 104 handpulled Glowstix.
I want to know who would buy this awesome stuff?
Keep in mind we are talking handpulled limited edition.
It will market at $65 per 1/4# - I need feedback.
Old 2010-05-07, 1:49pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

It depends. If you get super glowy stuff I'd definitely be interested. I have seen some pretty washed out sad looking glows, and some really great ones. If it's really bright it would be worth the $$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-07, 1:51pm
product of the universe

260 a lb sounds too pricey for me.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2010-05-07, 2:01pm
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

Boro is a lot cheaper. I bought boro glow sticks from AS for $120/lb at one of their sales. They were very super glowy. I only bought 1/8 of a lb. though, they sell by weight, as little or as much as you want.

I would not buy more than 1/4 lb. at that price, and maybe try to split with someone else.

Old 2010-05-07, 2:21pm

yah this will be the limited edition price. All handpulled, only 3# in existence right now.
With hopefully enough demand to get it moving, once that happens it will get cheaper.
Super glowy!! 3 colors only!
White that glows aqua, white that glows yellow and turquoise that glows aqua.
Any interest?
Old 2010-05-07, 5:00pm
The Grand Foobah

I would buy a 1/4lb

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2010-05-07, 10:26pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

I can't say that I would buy any with only a few colors and too expensive. Just my opinion.

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2010-05-08, 11:20am
No longer a Member

soo...it takes ME 2.5 hours to hand pull 1 pound of this at my torch by hand.

I was going to make a pound a day for a year and then sell it all off and take that vacation I keep forgetting to go on.......Sundance Art Glass had a better idea.
They are going to keep me busy and take every handpulled # of 104 Glow cane that I make and get it to you... in 1/4 lb bundles, affordably priced considering the labor involved.

I make each cane by hand and insure its quality. This is the brightest application for artistic use (aside from the powders themselves) that we have ever introduced. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I enjoy making it.

Many heartfelt thanks to the folks at Sundance for taking this out of my shop and for finding a way to put me back on the torch doing what I love......making.......time to make some more....♥

I believe the retail price is 65.00 per 1/4 pound, and that there is a 1/2 pound maximum per person for now until I can make LARGER quantities.......(coming soon)

Direct inquiries to purchase the new soft glass 104coe Glow Glass Cane to orders@sundanceartglass.com

If you have any usage questions....well that's what I'm here for......

first come first served.......much ♥
Peace!
Attached Images

Last edited by Glow Joe; 2010-05-08 at 11:38am.
Old 2010-05-08, 11:24am
No longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasshouse View Post
It depends. If you get super glowy stuff I'd definitely be interested. I have seen some pretty washed out sad looking glows, and some really great ones. If it's really bright it would be worth the $$.
The batch in the middle pic was still glowing at 5am........BRIGHT.....after taking it out of the light at 12am....

Seriously.....the brightest stuff you've never seen.....
Attached Images

Last edited by Glow Joe; 2010-05-08 at 11:36am. Reason: btw....pics taken with crappy phone camera....imagine it in real life!!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-05-08, 3:16pm
boro color bender

I can testify to the amount of labor involved... each rod is hand mixed and pulled... Joe has blisters on his blisters, but this stuff is totally worth it! It glows like there's no tomorrow!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-05-08, 5:10pm

I reckon this is great, its a real hole in the market in my opinion!

I have sent an email to see if I can get some, just think of the "Avatar" themed beads if nothing else.

I want some to use for making some murrini....... glow in the dark skulls, YEAH!!!!

Nat

Old 2010-05-08, 7:40pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

I'd jump on it if I could get some time to sit at my torch. Expect to hear from me soon. Looks great!

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2010-05-09, 9:39am
Always smiling, again.

Whoohoo! Color me happy, just sent a message!

Old 2010-05-09, 9:41am
boro color bender

Just a heads up... Beads of Courage is ALWAYS in need of glow beads for the kids going through radiation... it's my understanding that they supplement their supply with plastic beads... that's kind of lame in my opinion and we could really step up to the plate here and send in some cool GLASS glow beads.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-05-10, 1:21pm
boro color bender

If you're a southern folks, we're having a meeting this Sunday in Haines City Florida... PM me if you want details... Joe will be there doing demos and so will many others. We're having a Beads Of Courage work day... lots of fire and food and fun is most definitely allowed!

Old 2010-05-10, 4:26pm
Lover of Life

I wish I was a southern folk, sounds great!

Ima gonna save up for some glowy glass. Looks awesome!

"Your dreams are waiting for you to come true."
Old 2010-05-11, 9:35pm

drool.
I'm thinking I know what I'm asking for this year for christmas! (hey, even one rod would pull a heck of a lot of stringers!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2010-05-13, 7:36am
No longer a Member

Default Next up.......

Peri-Twinkle
Attached Images

Old 2010-05-13, 7:39am
No longer a Member

Default and....

Lambent
Attached Images

Old 2010-05-15, 8:29pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Peri-Twinkle, love it!

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau
Old 2010-05-24, 10:25am

I have some colors left in my hand as I speak!!

White that glows yellow-green
Turqouise the glows yellow-green
Green that glows blue
DK. Green that glows lt. blue
and possibly 1 or two others.

If you are interested drop me a line
orders@sundanceartglass.com

PeriTwinkle, Lambent and GlowBalt to come!!
Old 2010-06-04, 7:23pm
Always smiling, again.

I got the 104 Turquoise that glows Aqua! I love it, the glowing effect is beyond cool! The glass did seem to like a cooler flame.

This pressed bead has a base of white, covered with glow then encased with clear.

Old 2010-06-04, 7:53pm

I got mine 1/2lb from Sundance and I love it! It is super glowy stuff.

I made a quick and dirty Avatar inspired bead (more the colours that truly Avatarish) and here's the result:

I did not really "charge" this bead up much at all (Just 10 sec on a bedside lamp that is not a strong globe) and used the white glowglass that glows aqua...

Love it!

Nat

Old 2010-06-04, 9:11pm
Angel's Mom

I love the aqua and purple!
Old 2010-06-04, 9:20pm

Janel and Nat - Your beads are GORGEOUS!!!
Thank you SO much for sharing!
I cannot WAIT to see more - bring it on girls!
Old 2010-06-04, 9:43pm
Tacki

I wish I knew how to get a better picture of the glow! I tried with my regular camera and no matter what I did, it was just black. I took the glow pic with my iPhone. It glows SO bright.