Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-09-14, 11:44pm

Default need help to fix the tip on minor torch

Hi,

The flat tip with holes of my Nortel minor seems to have slipped down the tube between 1/8 and 1/4 inch, affecting the oxy and propane input. I stopped using it, because the flame flickered and blew out as if there was too much oxy and too little propane. Is there a way to 'pull' the tip back out myself, instead of sending it away for repair? Thank you in advance.

Cheryl
Old 2008-09-15, 12:10am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheriB View Post
Hi,

The flat tip with holes of my Nortel minor seems to have slipped down the tube between 1/8 and 1/4 inch, affecting the oxy and propane input. I stopped using it, because the flame flickered and blew out as if there was too much oxy and too little propane. Is there a way to 'pull' the tip back out myself, instead of sending it away for repair? Thank you in advance.

Cheryl
Actually, it's an easy fix:

* Turn off the torch, and allow to cool completely.

* The bracket that holds the torch to the base is made of two pieces of sheet metal. There is a screw at the top of the bracket clamping the torch between these two bracket pieces. With a screwdriver, loosen this screw. The two bracket pieces, the torch, and the heat sink will now be loose. Slide the heat sink back toward the rear of the torch as far as it will go.

* Make sure everything is lined up, and re-tighten the screw.

HTH

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978