Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Old 2005-11-30, 5:15pm

Default Frozen valve on 02

I haven't torched in almost 8 days!!! (Holiday and work got in the way). OMG dreamed about torching last night, woke up hating to have to go the the dreaded day job. DH had dinner ready so I could eat and get to the hot shop. Well, for some strange reason the valve on the oxy tank is stuck. Totally seized. I tried, he tried, no way will it budge! He has lots of experience with torches and tanks and said he has never seen this happen. I will take the tank back for sure, but am wondering has anyone ever come across this problem?

This is a 120 cfm tank, and from the get go, it took all I had to open and close the valve. As I used the tank though it seemed like it was getting easier to turn, so thought maybe it just needed worked in. Now I am REALLY JONESING to torch.
Old 2005-11-30, 6:21pm
Safety ALWAYS

Yeah, it does happen. The only thing you can do is get the tank back to the oxygen company and let them deal with it. You don't want to break a valve when there is 2500 PSI of oxygen in the tank - they tend to act like torpedos and even a concrete wall 12" thick won't stop it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-11-30, 7:26pm

Thanks Mike, that is what we will do! Pam