Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2006-01-04, 9:56pm

Default Bobcat question

Hello, I think I have narrowed down my first torch to be a Bobcat. My question is can a marver be attatched to the torch like others? I am a newbie so I have no frame of reference. Also from other posts this torch runs fine on one oxycon right? That is my next decision, what oxycon. I am in the process of setting up my studio and got a Grainger motor for my ventalation system today and figured I needed to make some equipment decisions! Thanks in advance for your time. Rita
Old 2006-01-04, 10:30pm
Crunchy ol' Momma

Hi Rita, I have a Bobcat that has a marver attached to it. So yes, you can do it if you want it. I also run mine on an oxycon, but I'm not sure at the moment what it is - I'd have to look and right now I'm too tired to get up. LOL! I will post again in the morning. I'm not sure where it came from originally, as I bought all of my equipment from someone who was giving up the craft.
Old 2006-01-04, 11:01pm
Administrator

Yup.. Like this, see it on top of the torch?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-01-05, 11:25am
odd lot addict

Thanks Corri ~ my five year old is now BEGGING me to let her make beads like the little girl in the picture!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-01-05, 9:03pm

Default Thanks

Thanks so much for the information. I have looked at everybody that has them for sale and never noticed the marver. See, I really am a newbie! Also thanks for the oxycon comments. On another thread somebody posted a site that has them really cheap vs other companies. I am now even more confused. I guess I will have to take the leap and hope for the best. Thanks again, you will hear from me again! Rita