Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2010-06-03, 7:57pm

Default Help! - What Torch is This?

I know it's a Wale, but how old, what model, and what is it worth?

Any help would be great.

CHEERS!

Old 2010-06-03, 8:17pm

It is a Nortel SSQ that was sold by Wale. IIRC, Nortel no longer makes these.

Why, are you wanting to sell it?

Malcolm
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2010-06-03, 8:20pm
Dakine glass man

Nortel SSq looks to be about from 2004-2005 It is my main torch i use. I bought mine new for like$800. Used value probably $650. Pretty sure they stopped making these and there were only a few....If you hang on to it and keep it in good shape in may actually increase in value.

http://www.waleapparatus.com/catalog...showprevnext=1
This is what they are making now instead it has more ports in the center fire...I like the single center...very nice pinpoint.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2010-06-03, 8:22pm
Dakine glass man

only drawback is that it has two ports instead of 4....no foot pedal with an ssq

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2010-06-03, 8:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Greenstone View Post
Nortel SSq looks to be about from 2004-2005 It is my main torch i use. I bought mine new for like$800. Used value probably $650. Pretty sure they stopped making these and there were only a few....If you hang on to it and keep it in good shape in may actually increase in value.

http://www.waleapparatus.com/catalog...showprevnext=1
This is what they are making now instead it has more ports in the center fire...I like the single center...very nice pinpoint.
IIRC, the SSQ has a pre-mix center fire, while the Red Rocket has a surface-mix center fire.

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978