Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2011-01-12, 4:57pm
That which you are given

Default compare gtt lynx and bobcat

Hi all cann someone please tell me the difference between lynx and bobcat. I want to do marrbles up too 2"s beads in soft to start and maybe boro in the future. what would be the setup differences i.e. oxycon, gas issue and anything else u can think of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-19, 10:08pm
Formerly Bakerman44

i highly recommend tanked oxy if you want to do any boro. i think you can run a bobcat off of a concentrator, but that would handicap your boro abilities. running a lynx off of a concentrator, i can not comment on. I have no idea what the minimum psi need is and the size oxycon's available. I have the cheetah (one step up from lynx in the triple mix category), i run the oxy at 30psi and 2" boro marbles take forever..i can do 1" in almost no time to 1.5" in about 45 min. any larger, the time gets exponential.

if you have the money and can get tanked oxy...i'd go with the lynx, they are great torches and are very versitile. i've used a bobcat on tanked oxy and it was enough to make boro pendants...i def found the limit of it though at maybe a 1" gather to pull cane. it was a bit of a struggle to keep heat in it.

both torches can handle soft glass with ease. it all just depends on where you want to grow. good luck!