Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2006-01-28, 6:20am

Default ooo Smiley .... Brent can you please explain ...

The difference between having two concentrators and the P-10?

I have the Devilbiss 505 - runs up to 4.5 lpm and 8-9 psi (10 was listed). I can get another one of these and link the two together or I could - maybe - sell the first concentrator and then take that money and a gift certificate I got and go after the P-10 at Generations - 8-9 LPM at 10-12 PSI.

I don't understand the numbers really - which will give me more push/power? I know you recommended the M-10 with the Piranha so can you 'plain it a bit better? (not sure if I'm looking at same thing)

Thank you!!!

Martha
Old 2006-01-28, 6:44am
boro color bender

Yeperz... that's what Generations carries. Not sure why he calls it the P-10, but he does. Maybe he'll chime in. I just like the P-10, because it's all one unit. It's super quiet and it pushes the Piranha to the max. 2 of the 505's would be pretty close to the same output, so it's more a space and convenience thing. Plus one M-10 is cheaper than 2 505's.

The LPM is how many liters per minute the machine produces. Basically it's volume. PSI is pounds per square inch of pressure the machine opoersates at. This is how hard it pushes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-01-28, 8:42am

So in trying to get good colors from boro, the more oxygen you get is better or the more pressure or both?

::head hurts head hurts head hurts:::

Thank you -

Martha
Old 2006-01-28, 3:24pm
boro color bender

You just need what your torch can use. The M-10 will run a Piranha like it's on tanked oxy... Perfect fit. It depends on what torch you have or want to have.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-01-28, 3:52pm

I have 2 Devilbiss 505s hooked up to my Mini CC and it is HOT. Now I haven't played with boro on it (chicken) but I have melted through mandrels LOL OOPS!
Old 2006-01-28, 6:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
You just need what your torch can use. The M-10 will run a Piranha like it's on tanked oxy... Perfect fit. It depends on what torch you have or want to have.
Cool - now I just need to see if I can sell the one I have and call Kristian.

Hi Nicole!! I keep thinking that beads would be easier than the off-mandrel messes I've tried but the release gets all hot and messed up and I'm just waiting to burn through one! Can't win - always something!

Martha