TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2009-11-10, 9:38pm

Default How long is too long?

Anybody else ever wait four and half months for a GTT torch? That's how long since I ordered a Phantom and now I'm convinced it's appropriately named. I'm starting to feel like the proverbial horse chasing the carrot, 'cause everyone tells me it's gonna be worth it, but I'm starting to think I'll never find out. At the 3 month mark I called GTT and they said 2 more weeks with no explanation. I know it's not my supplier's fault - he's just handing down the same postponements from the company.
Old 2009-11-10, 10:50pm

not to long ago, maybe two years ago people went through the same thing. you get on a waiting list and if enough come in and your low on the list of folks then you get one. kind of a crap shoot if you ask me, so i said bag that and purchased a new two stud phantom. I then sent that torch off to GTT and had them swap it out to a four stud and had it home in two weeks. so i got mine in two weeks and not sure if those on the list scored or not.
just a thought.

a bummer of a wait time. the torch is very sweet indeed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.
Old 2009-11-11, 6:19am
Temptress

I was on a waiting list for a year for my Phantom.
Old 2009-11-11, 8:49am

Jeez guys, now I don't know whether to feel better or worse ; can only hope the last promise of "probably a week or two" works this time.....
Old 2009-11-11, 8:53am

I waited three months for my Bobcat, but I got my Cricket really fast. It just depends on what you want vs. what they are making at the time. There are a lot of good torches out there, but a lot of people also consider GTT torches worth the wait. If you are waiting to upgrade from a hot head, it does make one antsy! But I am glad I waited.
Old 2009-11-11, 8:14pm

I've dealt directly with GTT for several torch sales and am presently on what I hope is a short list for a kobuki. been a few months. Am I worried, nah. It will be worth the wait. good things happen to those that wait. so smile

------------------------
Old 2009-11-13, 7:14am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

I ordered a Mirage from GTT, and 3 days later, it was in the mail. I also just took apart a Redmax, and I am dissappointed with how the redmax is made (basically, it s glorified plumbing fixtures)...the GTT torches are far and above a better torch that is worth even a year long wait.
Old 2009-11-13, 7:14am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
I've dealt directly with GTT for several torch sales and am presently on what I hope is a short list for a kobuki. been a few months. Am I worried, nah. It will be worth the wait. good things happen to those that wait. so smile
I hate you...

Old 2009-11-13, 7:47am
DSDWC

How much do they get for the Kobuki?

Old 2009-11-13, 8:43am
Playing with Fire!

GTT is asking $3,300.00 for the Kobuki. We just traded one of our Mirages + some money for a slightly used one. It is one incredible torch... basically 4 torches in one, a Lynx, a Phantom and a Mirage... and with all of them going at once you've got something like a delta+

Playing with Fire!
Old 2009-11-13, 2:38pm
DSDWC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Slawson View Post
GTT is asking $3,300.00 for the Kobuki. We just traded one of our Mirages + some money for a slightly used one. It is one incredible torch... basically 4 torches in one, a Lynx, a Phantom and a Mirage... and with all of them going at once you've got something like a delta+
Oh Man!!! You lucky dog!!

Old 2009-11-13, 7:41pm

^^want...
Old 2009-11-13, 8:33pm

th...th..th...th..3,300 DOLLARS????? Oh man, I am SO a newbie! It was tough just shuckin' the bucks for my lil' ol' HH and the other must have supplies htat go with lampworking.

(It seems to be getting easier, though!)
Old 2009-11-13, 11:43pm

I ordered my Kobuki last January ... still waiting ...

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978

Last edited by ArtcoInc; 2009-11-14 at 11:14am.
Old 2009-11-14, 9:44am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fannydotson View Post
th...th..th...th..3,300 DOLLARS????? Oh man, I am SO a newbie! It was tough just shuckin' the bucks for my lil' ol' HH and the other must have supplies htat go with lampworking.

(It seems to be getting easier, though!)
Fanny--when you upgrade, plan WAY ahead, plan to wait, & order a cricket--it will rock your world & it is SO worth the wait!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-11-14, 10:42am
product of the universe

i waited 3 months for my delta but that was back in 2001.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2009-11-19, 2:02pm

I am saving up for a cricket. Actually I can probably buy the cricket soon, its all the other stuff that is going to slow me down. I already have the propane tank, but will need oxygen, new hoses, regulators etc.

Old 2009-12-07, 10:55pm

I ordered a phantom in june 2009, still waiting.
My supplier says GTT doesn't even answer the phone or emails, nor return calls.
I have a lynx and for sure I will wait. Love the lynx who took a few months to arrive to.
Glad to know I am not alone wainting to. Can't wait to get the phantom now!

Old 2009-12-24, 8:13pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by malem View Post
I ordered a phantom in june 2009, still waiting.
My supplier says GTT doesn't even answer the phone or emails, nor return calls.
I have a lynx and for sure I will wait. Love the lynx who took a few months to arrive to.
Glad to know I am not alone wainting to. Can't wait to get the phantom now!
GTT has always answered the phone when I have callled and have always been quick to reply to my emails.
Haven't the slightest idea what your dealer is talking about
GTT (570) 835-9777
try them after the holidays

------------------------