Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Old 2012-12-13, 11:51am

Default using a 250lb propane tank

I have a 250lb propane tank and the gas will be hard piped into the studio. How is this going to affect the parts list for hooking up the torch. Does any one have a suggested configuration?
Thanks!
Bea
Old 2012-12-14, 8:48am
Gentleman of Leisure

IT should be no different than any other "gas" appliance (plumbing wise) .... There needs to be a positive shut off valve outside the building and another one inside where the transition occurs from hard piping to "rubber" hose....

Only consideration is how you connect from inside shut off valve to torch, if you use traditional welding hose (red) for the connection you have to consider that the hose connectors have left-hand threads on it and you will need whats referred to a "B" fitting after valve to connect hose to....

Only issue will be pressure... If gas company does it they will probably want to put supply pressure at 1/3 PSI (11-13 IW (Inches Water)).... Better if you can talk them in to supply pressure at 2 or 5 psi.... It will also depend on actual torch and how well it works on low pressure.... Keep in mind that 13 IW (or 1/3 PSI) is same pressure Natural Gas is supplied to most urban residential sites and many people use the low pressure and it works just fine for them...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2012-12-14 at 8:56am.
Old 2012-12-14, 11:38am
Co-owner

If you have access to natural gas, think about piping that it. We use it exclusively, it costs less than propane and burns much cleaner.

PHONE: (385) 237-3365
OXYGEN 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0575
LAMPWORKING 24 HOUR TEXT LINE: (801) 949-0576
Old 2012-12-14, 11:51am

Thanks Guys!
The torch is a Mega Minor and I will definately talk to the gas guys! Thank you for the pictures, that helps me a lot.
I don't get the Natural gas option, I am very, very rural and the studio is about 300 feet from the house, so got its very own propane tank.
Wish me luck, I have been putting this off for a while because I am a bit intimidated. lol
Bea