TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Old 2010-10-28, 10:03pm
Always learnin' & yearnin

Default totally lost about concentrator hookup?????

I posted this in another thread sorry for the double post but I really want to get this hooked up so I can start really burning some glass...lol

I just purchased a newlife elite airsep concentrator 5lpm for 100 bucks today in Houston!!! I have a Nortel Minor torch I want to run this on with propane. I have no clue what-so-ever as to how to hook it up or what I need to do it with, I did get two different hoses with my torch, one green and one red. as for the oxycon Iall I know is that it has a plastic ribbed conection where the breathing hose attatched. ???? what do I need for this????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-28, 11:28pm
Dynamic Duo

You just need to hook the green hose to the oxygen concentrator. You do not need a regulator. Your red hose goes to your fuel, and will need to have a regulator.

Old 2010-10-29, 3:53am
Glassmangler

Unscrew the plastic barb from your concentrator and screw the green hose from your torch directly onto it (the concentrator, not the barb).
Old 2010-10-29, 6:14am

Thank you both soooo much! I will see what I can so with this and let you know! Thank you once again!

Old 2010-10-29, 6:23am

You might want to add a flashback arrestor on your propane line too.
Joan
Old 2010-10-29, 6:28am

I have a regulator and flashback on the propane already. One more thing and my studio will be complete!! Needing a decent exaust fan, i think mine is about KA-PUT! lol

Old 2010-10-29, 9:30am
Gentleman of Leisure

I know you already have it mastered but.... This is basic with any oxycon unless green (or any other color) barbed fitting can not be removed from unit....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2010-10-29, 9:33am

Thanks Dale! lol sometimes i need pictures...lol Haven't been able to try it out yet but will be the first thing I do when I get home.

Old 2016-03-05, 3:32pm

Dale, I think I love you! If I were not already married, I would PROPOSE to you!! I was absolutely stymied!!
jdleigh (2016)
Old 2016-03-06, 1:44pm

Dale M. My concentrator arrived, but my fitting will NOT unscrew! It is fixed. How can I put the screw-on female fitting on my green tube on to that female oxygen tubing connector??? Is there an adapter of some sort? If so, where can I find one? Please? jdleigh (2016)
Old 2016-03-06, 2:07pm

Option 1: Just use a tygon (clear plastic) hose from the concentrator to the burner.

Option 2: Cut a short length of tygon hose. Get Western Enterprises part #40 (1/4" hose barb to male "B" fitting) from a lampworking site like Arrow Springs. Attach one end of the tygon hose to the concentrator and attach the "B" adapter fitting to the other end. Screw on your welding hose to the "B" fitting.

Never mind the paragraph below. Go to Salt City Glass. What you want is the first item on the page, if the description is correct: https://saltcityglass.com/product-ca...parts-filters/

(OK, I didn't find it on the Arrow Springs site, but if you call, they can get it. I didn't see it on the Sundance site, but they do have hose barb to female "B" fitting adapters, in which case you will also need a "B" fitting coupler (male on both ends). http://www.sundanceglass.com/gas%20equipment-r.htm None at Mountain Glass or ABR, either. Glasscraft has the couplers and it looks like they have the hose barb adapter, also, but there is no picture and it seems pricey. Hose barb adapter is the first item on the page and the coupler is the eleventh item on the page: http://www.glasscraftinc.com/home/gl...ors.html?stpl= Note: if that is the correct barb to oxygen adapter, you don't need the coupler. The coupler is only if the only fitting you can find is a barb to female; that is, with a rotating nut.)

Option 3: Cut off the "B" fitting threaded female adapter from your welding hose and attach the bare end to the concentrator barb. (Not preferred for a long term solution in case you go to tanked oxygen or get another concentrator that has a threaded outlet fitting.)

Last edited by De Anza Art Glass Club; 2016-03-06 at 2:28pm.