TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-08-25, 9:55am
Yup.

Default Suggestions for torch & generator upgrade?

I’m upgrading (about time ). I’m thinking about a generator (instead of the concentrator) and GTT Cheetah. I want to explore boro more (you can’t really do much on a minor even with my tank, IMO) and still make beads with soft glass. As for the generator, I was thinking Integra 10, but I thought I caught some whispers from The Gathering of a new generator that only like $750 but I can’t find the thread???

What do you think of my equipment direction? Suggestions?

Gracias, my treasured amigos!
JC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
Old 2005-08-25, 12:35pm

Hi JC, I use the Cheetah and I tried the Integra 10 and it didn't power the torch at all. I have also tried the OGSI with and without the storage tank. With the storage tank I ran it out after about 6 minutes of use. I tried the new larger OGSI that is coming out around November and finally something worked. I have my order in. I know the concentrator you are talking about that was at the Gathering and it doesn't have enough power either. However, let me add to my opinion here, that these things I have tried do not work for me and the way I work. It's possible one of them may work for you, but I would be cautious and definitely check it out as much as possible before purchasing.
Pam
Old 2005-08-25, 12:58pm
Yup.

Thanks, Pam! Now I need to think more and am looking forward to hearing more opinions. You like the Cheetah, though?

~
~
Old 2005-08-25, 8:43pm

I love the Cheetah for they type of work I do. It gives me a relatively large flame without overkill. However, if you want to do really small beads they tell me it is not good for that (but I don't have a problem doing them). I have several torches with both inner and outer flames, but generally the inner is too small and the outer is too large, but.........the Cheetah is just right!!
Pam