Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-02-28, 5:58pm
oxygen deprived

Default Cuda on a single M-15? Completely impotent?

I've saved sufficient funds to buy a M-15, and I'm wondering what kind of a flame will result on my Cuda. I've been reading all of the old threads I can find, and I saw someone say they were running their M-15 linked with a small concentrator, but I haven't seen any descriptions of how it runs on a M-15 alone. I vaguely remember J.C. Herrell saying she was using just an M-20 for her Cuda, but it was so long ago I could be mistaken...

I eventually want to run two M-15s linked, but I've got to sell a lot of glass first.

Oh: I work soft. Some beads (for the $), some sculptural (for the soul). Being limited to the inner flame wouldn't kill me, but I'm hoping I can get a small outer flame, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(no beads for sale yet - but some pics of old work)
Old 2008-02-28, 6:05pm
da General

I have a Cuda and am waiting for my second M-15 . . . so in the meantime, I am only using the inner ring which is great for soft glass. The Piranha is definitely hotter than my old Bobcat torch.

Honestly I haven't fire up the outer ring at all since I don't think the M-15 will power both.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-02-28, 6:07pm

The M-15 is listed as a 8 LPMmachine with 15 PSI of pressure. That should be good for the inner flame, but I wouldn't expect much of a flame at all if you tried to open the outer.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2008-02-28, 6:09pm

hook up a holding tank.
G.
Old 2008-02-28, 6:26pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

we have a cuda and you can use just one M15 for both the inner and outer ring, but you will be happier with two. I'd say you can get about 50% to 60% out of just one M15.

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2008-02-29, 8:18am
oxygen deprived

Perfect! You g(uy/al)s are so helpful.

Now I get to sit around and twiddle my thumbs while I wait for mine to arrive!

(no beads for sale yet - but some pics of old work)