Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-02-22, 9:30am

Talking SPOKANE and Eastern Washington Get Together

How about a lampwork get together at McGlades next Sat at 3:30. It is located at the junction of Day/Mt Spokane Road and Highway 2. Very easy to find.

Go North on Highway 2 passed the “Y” (junction of Highway 2 and 395) to Day/Mt Spokane Rd. Turn right, cross railroad tracks, first left after tracks. You can see the place once you cross the tracks.

I picked this time because they have a happy hour that starts then. It is a fun place, Bistro & Wine Bar with great food and specials during happy hour. I need to do a RSVP for them a day ahead so please post here if you can be there...

The lunch menu will still be available to us at that time. They have an awesome kitchenchef with a great menu and friendly staff.

Sorry, no torch facilities but you are free to bring your wares to share….

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by LAG; 2009-02-22 at 10:46am.
Old 2009-02-22, 1:48pm
In spite of it all!

Sounds like it has lots of potential. Can you tell us anything else? I am going to look into going to this!

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2009-02-22, 7:18pm

Not much else to tell. Just a social gathering of lampworking friends for a couple of hours.

Old 2009-02-25, 9:36am
Did someone say Oddlot?

I am planning on coming Kay!

Maria from the Valley
Old 2009-02-25, 9:56am

It will be good to see you, Maria..

Old 2009-02-25, 11:04am

Hi Kay and all you eastern WA people! Hubby and I are going to try to come down on Saturday, sounds like fun. I wasn't going to try, since I need to hit the RnT sale on Sunday, but what the heck, it's only gas. I second Maria's suggestion about having some kind of quarterly get together, sounds fun to me.

What about some kind of bead exchange for Saturday?

tail wags,
Peggy

Old 2009-02-25, 12:53pm

Looking forward to seeing you, Peggy. Maybe I can get my DH to go, also.

Old 2009-02-25, 5:37pm

Kay, please bring DH, so my DH won't feel lonely!

tail wags,
Peggy

Old 2009-02-26, 12:22am
Frustrated Artist

Are you talking 2/28? I am not sure if I can make it but it sounds like fun.

Old 2009-02-26, 8:48am

Yes, this coming Saturday. Hope you can make it.

Old 2009-02-26, 9:25am
Did someone say Oddlot?

Hope you can make it Davina-Marie. We are pretty much neighbors! Building a house just south of Liberty Lake. Would love to meet you!
Maria
Old 2009-02-26, 11:39pm
Frustrated Artist

South of Liberty Lake in WA or in Idaho?
Yeah we are Neighbors, LOL Probably seen each other at the Safeway.
D

Old 2009-02-27, 11:07am
Did someone say Oddlot?

That is a nice Safeway! I love the Great Harvest Bread Co.
Old 2009-02-28, 11:37pm
Cats & Glass!

Thank you to Kay for a great get-together! It was really fun seeing everyone - it had been ages and getting to meet BBB for the first time.

We *have* to do it again - sooner rather than later!

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-03-01, 6:52am

I second that Janelle, Hubby and I too, had a wonderful time. It's ALWYAS so much fun to talk GLASS!!! Of course the fact that I won that beautiful door prize didn't help. Thank you so much Kay, I just love it!!

tail wags,
Peggy

Old 2009-03-01, 8:27am

Default Group Shot

Great bunch of friends. Peggy Rose sent me this picture..

left to right
Me...
Janelle
BBB
Ken Fryberger
FeldtBeads
Peggy Rose
ImageShelties
Maria dibartolo
and Peggy's husband took the picture.. thank you..

We did have a good time and it was so much fun fondling everyones beads. Ken's marbles keep getting better and better... and thank you all for the trades. That is so much fun...
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-01, 9:29am
Did someone say Oddlot?

So nice to see all my local glass friends again and meet a few new ones! It's been way too long of a dry spell for me! What a good looking bunch don't cha think
Old 2009-07-14, 2:31am
Old to LE, new to torch

Ok, we sooo need to plan another of these since I missed this one. It's great to know there are several of you in my neck of the woods.

I work a graveyard shift, so if I don't answer posts/pms right away, it's because I'm sleeping, not being rude
Old 2009-07-14, 7:13am

Cindy, I am working on getting studio time for a get together in Spokane. Hopefully this will be soon... Stand by...

Old 2009-07-14, 9:23pm
Old to LE, new to torch

Have you tried Glass Gods in the valley? I went there today for the first time and only one torch was in use. Or are there other studios? BTW, are there other glass shops in the Spokane area? I was really disappointed to see that Glass Gods' selection of soft glass was almost nil. I think a trip to Franz Glass would be fun. Field Trip!!! (Ok, I can keep dreaming..I know...lol)

I work a graveyard shift, so if I don't answer posts/pms right away, it's because I'm sleeping, not being rude
Old 2009-07-14, 11:15pm
Frustrated Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesLegacy View Post
Have you tried Glass Gods in the valley? I went there today for the first time and only one torch was in use. Or are there other studios? BTW, are there other glass shops in the Spokane area? I was really disappointed to see that Glass Gods' selection of soft glass was almost nil. I think a trip to Franz Glass would be fun. Field Trip!!! (Ok, I can keep dreaming..I know...lol)
I dont know of anyone selling glass in town but what are you looking for? I have WAYYYYYYYYY to much for one person and most all effetre colors.

Old 2009-07-15, 7:09am

Check out this thread, gang...

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...56#post2576056

Old 2009-07-15, 12:05pm
Old to LE, new to torch

Davina, I sure wish I could afford it right now. I'm almost 1 month unemployed at the moment. As it was, I only picked up a few rods of the most basic colors, and will likely need to set aside the lampworking soon until I can secure employment again. Back to school is almost upon us and I will be needing to pick up school supplies that I also can't afford at the moment. Ok, so you don't need to hear my woes, but I really appreciate the offer, and maybe I can take you up on that in the near future.

Old 2009-07-15, 3:05pm

Cindy, so I guess that means the field trip to Frantz is off?? Sheez and I was all psyched to go!!

Old 2009-07-15, 7:55pm
Old to LE, new to torch

If I'm out of work long enough to be forced to set aside lampworking, I'm going to be going thru serious withdrawals!!! When I'm back to work, I'd actually LOVE to plan a road trip to Franz Glass, if there's at least one other interested person to share the gas and keep me company.