Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-12-27, 4:23pm
Boro Bum

Default Momka's Glass Colors

sorry

Last edited by AcidFly; 2009-12-27 at 6:17pm.
Old 2009-12-27, 5:33pm
Borovangelist

Well, here's the problem...Momka makes a lot of striking colors, so in many cases showing the before picture wouldn't do you a lick of good. Plus, because rod color varies from when it comes out of the pot (beginning, end, middle, etc) it's not always so simple to just look at one of her rods and tell either.

Keep in mind a lot of the manufacturers do pop on the forums from time to time, so be polite. Thank you. I understand your frustration in dealing with shorts; I only just recently tracked down a NS color I got in a bag-of-bits and love.

Having said that.....to me? The rod looks like one of her citrus colors, maybe grapefruit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2009-12-27, 5:40pm

it's kind of difficult with her shorts. I had a talk to her a while back, and people are not really meant to re-sell them in the first place, for the following reason; her colour chart "sucks" for you because the shorts often include NQR colours and end bits in which the patterns are a little skewiff. So if you want an accurate representation of Momka's colours, I suggest to stop being cheap (if colour accuracy is what you're aiming for) and getting first quality and working off that, because the shorts are often not a real representation of her fantastic pallette. I've found her colour chart is quite accurate when working off firsts.
Having said that, no photos are ever going to give an absolutely 100% true indication of any colour, be it GA, NS or Momka, etc.

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2009-12-27 at 5:42pm.
Old 2009-12-27, 5:42pm

and also what menty said

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2009-12-27, 6:16pm
Boro Bum

I have asked for this thread to be deleted as I was not clear and was misinterpreted.

Sorry for wasting your time

AcidFly
Old 2009-12-27, 6:34pm
Borovangelist

Which part was misinterpreted? You posted a picture and asked what color a particular rod was and you said Momka's color charts sucked. That seemed pretty clear.

We offered some advice as to the color, and I added a request to be polite in regards to the manufacturers, who often will pop in to offer some friendly working advice.

|
|
Old 2009-12-27, 6:47pm
Boro Bum

sucked as for i was trying to do
Again sorry for wasting your time

AcidFly