The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2011-06-24, 12:20pm
Hobby Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Schaible View Post
Suzy and Deanna... looking forward to seeing you gals there... it is hard to get away from the table/booth since I am by myself but I know it is the same for you....hope you can make it over or vise versa.....
Kris, I'm going to try to go as a spectator. If I do, I will gladly watch your table every so often so you can take breaks to use the bathroom, get drinks, visit, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-27, 5:30am
AKA: Noodlesaurus

Aw... Thanks Cori.... I would love to see you.....looking forward to the show....

or
,~Punties, Mandrels,Beads.....GTT Phantom....
Old 2011-06-28, 2:43pm
susanLambert

anyone have suggestions where to book a room?
thanks!
Susan

Old 2011-06-29, 7:02am
Triumphantly Knit!

getting off the pa tpk. 422 from king of prussia/valley forge area where the original location is can be 6 miles of a parking lot during rush hour. It's a big curve where several highways come together leading towards Oaks and up to the Oaks shopping centre and beyond. If people are driving in the evening, please leave extra time. classes that are thursday and friday evening are scheduled during those rush hour times. hopefully the road construction in that area is complete.
I'm not spreading rumours nor trying to bring anyone's trip down, it's how we go to my brother's house: Traffic nightmare during rush hour.
If there are back roads, I'd look that up if I was going.
I hope it is a great show, we have nothing like it in this area. The fact that they are out and out lying about classes being full that were never offered is just weird.
There are many of we quasi local people who appreciate clear and timely communication when it comes to any gathering in our area. Last minute changes and notifications are frustrating and since this is a lampworking forum it makes sense that the people on here were looking for lampworking classes as well as the social interaction that goes on.
If I was a vendor I, too, would be in a panic as to how this show was going to turn out.
May the powers that be bless this as the best show ever.....I would love that, I, personally, have been waiting 4 years for it. again, I was not intending to bring anyone down, I just say it like I mean it and it can be a pita to get there from the tpk, hence it's a route I try to avoid. may you all have smooth clear roads and lots of money to spend.

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible

Last edited by 2tumblingdragonz; 2011-06-29 at 7:05am.
Old 2011-06-29, 7:08am
sunscreen me baby

I don't think I would go so far to say it was a lie. This new girl took over Tammy's job and may not have known. She may have made an assumption when giving me my answer because she wanted me to send in teaching proposals for next year.

~

Old 2011-06-29, 8:22am

Dana is the gal that took over Tammys position when she moved to a new spot inside Interweave.... I always found both Dana and Tammy to be helpful and they always listened to my requests and questions.... I try to refrain from making judgements on why decisions are made that I dont have full knowledge of.... again.. do any of us know that the new location even allow lampworking classes??? lets try to focus on having a good show and not why decisons were made that some don't agree with or understand. All that I have ever heard from Interweave and others was that no Lampworking classes were going to be help in Aug. reason unknown...
Yes indeed that area is difficult for travel during workday traffic... but what major city isn't these days.... and the road construction project is compounding the issues for sure.

Suzy.. drop Dana a line and see if what is up with the teaching for April and Aug of next year.... I suspect she may not know but it couldnt hurt and you may get some clarity...

Susan... I don't know the area that well to suggest any hotels that are close to the new location... I have to commute or it blows my budget...a 2 hour one way drive is cheaper... I know quite a few folks stayed at several hotels closer to the turnpike and K of P mall... they were less expensive.... good luck...

or

Last edited by Kris Schaible; 2011-06-29 at 8:27am.
Old 2011-06-29, 8:53am
sunscreen me baby

Susan, last year I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard on Drummers Lane. It was rather nice. It had been recently renovated and had a great little Bistro/Cafe in the lobby. We got lattes and bagels in the morning before we left and one night had a light dinner there that was pretty good. I think it's $110 ish in price.

~

Old 2011-06-29, 2:48pm
Triumphantly Knit!

there are bread and breakfasts in the area. it's a great historic area and alot of business convention type places adjacent kop mall. all around that area, it's a growing area. but that area is east? I think of Oaks. traffic may be better west of Oaks, but I don't know about lodging there.

see some of you there at least one day. I had hoped for more, but that's about it at this point for me.

angel blessings
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-06-30, 4:45am

Smile

Here is a detail shot of some cool resin beads I've recently scored. I'll be selling some of these fun strands at our show in Philly. Very retro, very colorful and very "happy beads" and always get you compliments!

Last edited by Ofilia; 2011-06-30 at 4:47am.
Old 2011-07-01, 8:41am

posted these links in a different thread but here they are as well....

http://www.valleyforge.org/landing/f...2011Map-v2.pdf and http://valleyforge.org/#/visitors/accommodations/

I also email Dana and asked directly why there were no lampworking classes at the Aug show... she told me that the "powers that be" told her nothing about the reason for the decision to not hold classes at the Aug show, just that there were going to be no classes... Her only repsonsibility for the show is the booths and tables.... so other than that I can't try to shine any light on why but it seem like a decison that was made was not on her shoulders.

Again I look forward to a fantastic show and seeing everyone at the new location..... hope the map of the area hotels helps....

or
Old 2011-07-06, 4:25pm

Table #907 for me. Right in the corner. Looking forward to seeing everyone! ~wave~ Val

Old 2011-07-08, 6:45am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I don't think I would go so far to say it was a lie. This new girl took over Tammy's job and may not have known. She may have made an assumption when giving me my answer because she wanted me to send in teaching proposals for next year.
I just got an e-mail from them asking me to send in teaching proposals for next year as well...

Old 2011-07-12, 8:06am

WOW... what a super location Val....looking forward to the show... love knowing where everyone is... it will make my zoom around during a quick break much easier.... see you all then....

or