LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2006-04-13, 2:33pm

I don't play poker. But euchre is a whole different story...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-04-14, 2:35pm
boro color bender

Your boots don't match euchre... those are Texas Hold 'em flame boots you got there little lady.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-14, 3:25pm

Oh, lordy, you don't still remember the horsey picture? I have much better bead camp boots, with *buckles*.

Old 2006-04-18, 8:28am

Default Ram

Hey Brent- I spoke to RAM a few weeks ago, and he'll be here on Wed, Thurs, and Fri.- we already reserved a room for him at the Motel.

I'll see you soon bro!

Old 2006-04-18, 5:25pm
Yup.

Oh! Hey. Hi, there!! I'm going and super duper stoked about it!! See ya there, Brent and Sara and Andrew and Tom and everyone!

~
~
Old 2006-04-28, 8:37pm
boro color bender

Woohoo Tom! We've got to plan the glass buy in on a night he'll be there. I want a RAM piece damnit.

Any chance of getting a sand blasting set up there? I know it's kind of short notice, but I think it would add a little something extra.

JC, you are gonna have a blast! I guarantee it! I am so excited to be camping with ya for a whole week!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-04-28, 9:50pm
Boldly going

Sand blasting! Yes! I must sand blast some orbs (I was gonna say balls but that would be too obvious, hehe).

I have a question. Is there a bit of selling/trading that will be goin on at AGI? I'd like to bring a few marbles and maybe trade for some to add to my growing collection. Is selling discouraged?

Brad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

|
|
|
Old 2006-05-02, 6:59pm

Default ...

Hey Brad.
Please bring as much work as you want- trading and selling work is encouraged

I'll see what I can do about a sand blaster- I have a cabinet and a compressor, but with all of the kilns running, it taps our electrical capacity. My electrician will be here in a week or two... I'll see if we can upgrade a few things

Brent- You better get better at your poker skills if you want a RAM piece- you'll have to fight Joe Tecnolux (with a knife to your throat) if you plan on going home with one

Things are going well over here- The Bill Rasmussen Lounge is almost completed, and Luke and Melissa are finishing up the landscaping... it will look even nicer than it did last year!

I'll see you all real soon!!!

Old 2006-05-02, 7:11pm
boro color bender

Better tell Joe not to bring a knife to a fudge fight. That's right... I'm bringing fudge. Special dark gooey fudge and I've got help flinging it if need be.

Old 2006-05-07, 9:31am
Yup.

Fudge?? Brent. Shut up. Torching and camping and fudge?? I'll be in the tent right next to Brent, who may not have any fudge left to share. I'll bring my fat pants, too.

~
~
Old 2006-05-07, 10:46am
Boldly going

Another question for Wonka:

Do you have lapidary equipment there? Maybe a flat lap machine? Besides sandblasting I'm aching to make a geode kinda thing with one of my matrix marbles on the inside. Here's the idea, a thing with a rough organic, natural looking outside, a clear window cut through layers of contrasting color peering into an extremely symetrical, organized matrix of squares and triangles and air trap bubbles. I plan to do a very small run of such things and I will call the series "Intelligent Design." Maybe if you don't have the equipment there already I will buy some, bring it, and someone can show me how to use it.

And, do you have a nice kitchen there? If I can drag my ass out of the tent early one day I can make some killer cinnamon buns or sticky pecan buns for everybody. Oh wait, I can make them the night before. Yum.

Brad

Many of life's failures are experienced by people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. - Thomas Edison

|
|
|
Old 2006-05-15, 11:16am

Default brad

Hey Brad. I only have a small saw and lap wheel, and i haven't replaced the blade and pads since last AGI... I'm not sure if I'll keep them out this year. Milissa might be bringing her machine so I'll let you know about that (your idea sounds awesome!)

The kitchen- no problem at all. we have 4 grills, a stove / oven ("Adam's cupcake oven"), a microwave, toaster oven, 100 cup coffee maker, and a deep fryer... take your pick

Brent- at least you'll be slinging fudge and not.... oh, nevermind

J.C.- remind me to show you how to make the palm trees. Pura Vida!

I'll see you all soon (just a little over 3 months)

P.S.- We still have spaces left if anybody is interested. My contact info is:
info@glass123.com, or (724) 791-2100

Old 2006-06-21, 5:54pm

Default Agi

Hi everybody. Well, we're 2 months away from AGI, and I wanted to let you know that we still have some spaces left. Here's the latest update:

-The Bill Rasmussen Lounge is painted, carpeted, and furnished. I’ve got to say that it’s even nicer than my house! I picked up the lights today, and when they’re in place I’ll take some photos.

The TV and VCR are set up in the lounge with a collection of glass blowing videos.

BTW-We’re going to spoil you this year. The lounge and the vending area will have air conditioning for your comfort

-Bill and Looie collaboration: Bill Rasmussen and Lewis Wilson will be doing a project together on the torch. Between the two of them, they have over 100 years of combined experience!

-Kilns: Marcel will be sending some of his Living Glassworks kilns over for us to use, and they will be available for purchase at the end of the show at a discounted rate, and you can take one home without paying for shipping.

-Wonka’s presentation: I will be covering some material that will help you use your talent and creativity to find new markets. I will also include a segment about selling on EBay, which will be geared specifically to lampworkers.

*Note: I had planned on including a lecture about how to sell glass pipes legally, and decided to post it online instead. Without having a deadline to adhere to, I have not put it all together yet. If I complete it by AGI, I will give everyone in attendance a printed copy of it (So far there are about 6 pages of information).

-Food: A local restaurant (Fat Chaps) will be here preparing a variety of foods available for purchase (including vegetarian). As always, the grills, stove, microwave, and other facilities will be available if you wish to prepare your own meals. Don’t forget… the Saturday night party will include a feast… with all kinds of food… prepared by our friend (and fellow glassworker) Kevin.

*Note: We’ll have 2 kegs for the party, and just for RAM we won’t get “Crudweiser” again. Yuengling will be flowing from the taps

-Music: Gypsea’s husband Eddie will be providing the music for Saturday night. If any of you glass blowers have any musical abilities, feel free to bring your instruments if you want to jam. *Hopefully Rex will forget to bring his horns LOL!

-Landscaping: Unfortunately the morning glories didn’t come back as expected, so we won’t have the “hobbit house” look this year. BUT… against all odds, the banana trees made it. Last year there were only two, and this year (so far) there are at least 8 of them popping up.

*Please give Elaine a call if you want to attend. We’re filling up quickly, and we’re working it on a first come / first served basis this year… We hope to close the guest list by the end of July. Our number is (724) 791-2100, and feel free to call if you have any questions.

Old 2006-06-22, 3:56am

Sounds like a real blast! I just may try to arrange to come in 2007. Can I get on a mailing list so I don't forget?
Want to come over for the 2007 Gathering and planned on being in the US for 4 - 6 weeks, I think this would round off my time very nicely!
Emily

Old 2006-07-12, 12:26pm
IMAHO

Any updates on availability?

Note to AGI attendees from MI or thereabouts: Sounds like Brad and JC may be pulling through pre and post AGI- great potential for a party at the farm, or at someone's studio. Any thoughts? Meu estúdio es seu estúdio.

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2006-07-12, 4:28pm

Default Agi

Emily- please send me an e-mail, and I'll put you on my contact list for next year!

Julz- there are enough people from Michigan attending this year that one of our buildings will be called, "The Michigan Building"

Please drop us a line if you want to attend. Our contact information is: info@glass123.com, or (724) 791-2100

P.S.- I will apologize in advance for Mr. Smiley's actions

Old 2006-07-12, 4:43pm
IMAHO

Oh, I'll take care of Mr. Smiley myself, thanks!

Mr. Wonka- thanks for the invite! I am unable to pay up at the moment, so if it looks like I can get it together later, I'll certainly be in touch. If nothing else, I will try to be there in spirit... hehehe.

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2006-07-12, 5:03pm

Default ...

Sounds good Julz- you have our number, and I hope you'll be able to make it!

Tom