Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-09-08, 9:54am
Serenity Now!

Totally bloody cool!!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-08, 6:54pm
Superkitty

Chris, those are awesome!
Old 2008-09-09, 4:26am
Dead man walking

Nice Chris, love the plasma!
Old 2008-09-09, 7:32am

WOW!! I haven't checked this in a while... how awesome!

I'm coming into this so late, I can't get all the pages to comment on each piece posted, all of which were just amazing!!!

Val, your rings... wow!!! Voic, love that top dragonfly!! Wickedglass... incredible as always!!! (and thanks again for the perfume top makers!), Roger... the dragons... I've always admired them.

Here's my latest:

It's my 2nd crab, the first crab was a winner of GA's Glass Challenge with the first crab I made, on GA's main site: http://www.glassalchemy.com/index.ph...llenge-winners

Sleekbeads won too and is also on that page.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-09, 8:59am
glass-a-delic

thats a very cool crab! How big is it?

Old 2008-09-09, 12:24pm

Thanks Voic!

It's 2 1/2" - 3" around roughly from every diameter. How big are your dragonflies?

I'm barely more than that 'old' too, I started torching in 2008. We're the newbies here I guess, and I'm glad I'm not the only one.

What kind of torch do you use? I was on Bobcat for most of my stuff, I bought a lynx which I used for 2 week and just bought a Phantom, which hasn't been hooked up yet.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-09, 1:39pm
Serenity Now!

AWESOME crab, Helen! COngrats to you and Sleek...

Old 2008-09-09, 3:57pm

Thanks Hels... congrats to you too!!!
Thanks Val!

I was stoked to see that I had won! Now, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on the prize! weeeee!

Jo-jo
Old 2008-09-09, 9:00pm
yukue fumei

WOW!!
I am blown away by everyone's work!! WOW!!!
very cool show and tell!!!

nagi

Old 2008-09-09, 9:32pm

Thanks Val!!! I was soooo excited!!! And GA is my favoritest glass too, free glass! YAYAY!!!!!!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-10, 7:07am

Helen, what is that coral made of? That is gorgeous. Your whole picture shows some real artist pieces... absolutely beautiful... Thanks for sharing with us..

Old 2008-09-10, 12:22pm

Thanks Kay!

The coral tree is done with GA's Coral Blush... which happens to look EXACTLY like polished coral, with the color striations.

The little polyps are done in GA's Jamboree... Having the Coral Blush and Jamboree next to each other, you can really tell the difference between them.

Can you tell I really love GA glass?

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-10, 3:16pm
Serenity Now!

I. Can. NOT. Stop.

Old 2008-09-10, 3:39pm

LOL! Val you are getting really fantastic at those!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-10, 4:06pm
Flame Dame

Helen,
Your sculptural crab and coral are fantastic!

Val, you need to teach me how to make those rings. I think I have an idea, but am not quite sure!

Beautiful work, everyone!

Leah

Etsy ID: leahbeads
Old 2008-09-11, 6:04am
yukue fumei

Val!
Your rings are blowing me away!

nagi

Old 2008-09-11, 12:14pm
Pyromaniac

Default Work for Gallery show

Here are some pics of a glass nest for my upcoming gallery show.
Borosilicate, nichrome and copper wire, forged steel.
Steel branch by Wayne Henderson, artist blacksmith.

Please give me some honest feedback, be brutal!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-09-11, 12:19pm
Serenity Now!

Kewl nest! Very cool...love the egg - the whole thing. Hope you knock everyone's socks off!

Old 2008-09-11, 12:49pm

Thanks Leah!!

Wow, I like the nest, Lana!! Very creative and original!!

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2008-09-11, 2:20pm
yukue fumei

Lana it is amazing!!
Love every part of it! and the photography too!!

nagi

Old 2008-09-11, 3:01pm
No Problem!

Lana I like how the glass and polished metal contrasts with the iron branch, makes it pop..
Might just be me but the lone copper coil on the other branch seems to be distracting me from the beautiful nest.
You said be brutal and that's the best I could muster

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-11, 3:44pm
Serenity Now!

Old 2008-09-11, 3:49pm
Pyromaniac

Thank you all! -- I went here first to get some opinions, and I really do appreciate it. Beau, I think I will get rid of the copper wrap. I was a little concerned that the copper and nichrome was too much, but maybe if I remove the stray wrap it will look better.

Thanks again, Lana

Old 2008-09-11, 4:43pm
No Problem!

Just FYI Lana I like the combination of wires in the nest really neat project.
Nice to see you make some rings for once Val. I have a bunch of finger rings that I still haven't got around to taking pics of. I made a bunch and put off trying to sell them because I need to get the ring mandrel out to list the sizes..shh like that's so hard. Mostly just fearing the whole "oooh I like that one but do you have it in a size 6?"

Anyway here's a new pendant I just worked out, you might of seen the ones I made with hearts-in-hand but I wanted to do a kind of crystal-ball/tiny universe thing and finally got the dichro doing what I wanted to on a small enough scale.

(Beau & Shani)

Old 2008-09-11, 4:50pm
Pyromaniac

Val I love the rings in post #73 -- that pink is TDF!

Thanks Beau. The hand concept is very cool.

Old 2008-09-13, 3:35am

my last pendant made with Momkas Circus in the middle and backed with Pink Blizzard from TAG
have a nice day!
Sarah

Last edited by sarah; 2008-09-13 at 11:54pm.
Old 2008-09-13, 6:00am

Helen, GA glass is awesome. And their service is to die for. I made some beads with a "mystery" rod and Susan took the extra step to try to find out what it was for me and sent me a couple of samples to try. It was one of those colors that "rocks your socks" and I can't duplicate it. I am anxious to try the pieces Susan sent me. A friend wants me to make a crab for her and I thought the Coral Blush would be a great crab color even. I doubt if my crab can ever be as good as yours.

Speaking of "rockin my socks" off, Val, I am dying here.. Those rings are "to die for". So when you have maxed the market, maybe you can give us a hint on how it's done? I am betting a virtual tutorial would make you some $.. Whadaya think, gang?

Old 2008-09-13, 6:23am

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post

my last pendant made with GA Circus in the middle and backed with Pink Blizzard from TAG
have a nice day!
Sarah
I don't know the GA Circus color. Is it one of the glasstique colors?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-09-13, 6:35am

Momka makes one called "Cirque"...????

Old 2008-09-13, 7:18am
yukue fumei

Beau--what a cool concept! Really nice piece!

Sarah-beautiful! I love that you put the hole in front

nagi