Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-02-19, 8:51pm

My glass arrived today! I was excited to see it arrive so fast. I have already been out and have about 20 beads in the kiln. I love the agua chameleon... it has so much potential! I made a couple of beads with the new red, it went on so smooth...

Erin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-02-19, 9:08pm

Please post those reds!!!!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2009-02-19, 9:18pm
Spoiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasi View Post
Please post those reds!!!!
I was thinking the same thing.

An amazing Cuda with 2 M15's & propane, a Lynx, and a Tondodama torch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-02-20, 3:38pm

wow looks pretty hope it will be in full production soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by t grimmett View Post
Here is a photo of the Candy Apple Red. It is still in development but I am pretty pleased with where it is going.

Thomas
Old 2009-02-20, 4:34pm

Well, I decided that I was being a bit harsh on GA...I had been sick and cranky as all get out during the sale on Monday. I actually went back to their site today and they had a bunch of glass in stock that I had originally been looking for and the ordering system worked and I got 7lbs on its way to me.

So make sure you keep checking back, it seems they are adding more colors. Good luck.

Now I just need to get a second oxycon and a bunch of clear....lol.

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2009-02-20, 5:08pm

I ended up buying a little amazon jewel and aquatic carnival OOT, I also bought 4 lbs of cobalt...you can always use cobalt, right?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-20, 6:35pm
Mandrel Slayer

It was a rough day at work so I missed it again. Maybe there will be more next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-02-20, 7:56pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I had a slight communication problem when I merged my two orders into one.
Apparently, I'm ending up with 4 pounds of "Blue Violet".

Looks like I'm going to be learning to love Blue Violet.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-02-21, 1:29pm

Got mine today Yea! And extra goodie of some frit double Yea!
Old 2009-02-22, 1:21am
Dot Princess

I finally ended up getting an order in to GA on monday after about 4hrs of trying. I received my glass today. I got some yummy chocolates and a sample rod of the beautiful red. I can't wait to try my new boro out as I only had 4 rods. I will def order again next year, I def love the idea of them doing this all year though!

My little princess came Dec 30,2009 Still no time for beads
boy is she a demanding little thing.
Old 2009-02-24, 9:45am
Spoiled

Well crap, I was supposed to already have my glass but GA shipped it for "Home Delivery" even though they were told "Business". So, instead of me getting my glass yesterday, they tried delivering it on Saturday. Well the business is closed on weekends and since it was stupid "home delivery" they don't try to deliver on Monday.

The worst part is that I'm off today, I work Monday & Wednesday. It's being delivered to DH business today but he won't get home until about midnight tonight and it's a 35 mile drive into town. And to make things even worse, this will probably be the last play day I get for a while.

Old 2009-02-24, 2:20pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I've actually been kind of disappointed with Caramel Luster recently. The rods used to be opaque. Now they are transparent. GA claims it's the same formulation, but they are making it differently which is why they look different. That may be, but it doesn't work the same for me. It used to be one of my favorite colors. Now I hardly ever use it.

If they ever change Purple Luster, though, I may have to go and pay them a visit....
you should call them and complain. i have had the same experience and called to talk to them about it. they claimed the same thing - same formulation etc, just a small modification in the cooking time. but it does not work at ALL for me. used to be one of my favorites, and now i have 2 pounds sitting there i cannot use. he said if he gets enough calls to go back to the old type he WILL , so please call and voice your opinion. he is very kind and willing to listen!! Hopefully he changes it back to the way it used to be!!!!!
Old 2009-02-25, 5:58am

I got my glass today yipeee!!

But so sad too bad no pretty red nor any other type of glass, I just thought that everyone was supposed to get a little something extra for the hassle of the day. Oh well still nice glass as a great price.
Old 2009-02-25, 11:05am

well my order is arriving today. i was really hoping for a stick of the red but now I have a feeling I will be disappointed
Old 2009-02-25, 11:55am
Spoiled

My glass came yesterday. The extra piece of red was loose in the packing peanuts. Did you double check through all of that?

Old 2009-02-25, 12:21pm

Yep I did thinking the same thing and didn't find anything but I will double check again when I get home.
Old 2009-02-25, 12:53pm

My glass got here yesterday but I never opened it. I guess I Will tonight. That was actually pretty fast!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-02-25, 2:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyluv4ever View Post
Yep I did thinking the same thing and didn't find anything but I will double check again when I get home.
It also isn't red when in rod form. At first I though it was an extra piece of the greyish sparkle glass.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-02-26, 11:11pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by e. mort View Post
It also isn't red when in rod form. At first I though it was an extra piece of the greyish sparkle glass.
There must be two different batches of the candy apple, I placed two orders, the first order came with a piece that looks very much like the rod in the picture further up the thread, the second rod looks like greyish spakle glass

Old 2009-02-27, 10:25am

i got my order - and i did get a stick of the candy apple! i haven't tried it yet but it does look like a grey sparkle stick
Old 2009-02-27, 1:57pm

My Candy apple was a dark red, exactly like his picture... I actually got 3 sticks of it... because I ended up with 4 orders, 1 of which was combined... but so far, I've still paid for 4 separate shippings, which I hope they look at soon (they were backlogged when I called last week).

Did you guys get the awsome unlabeled 4 oz of frit ? That was neat too. Both have to be worked VERY cool (think crayons).

I made a rose marble with it... but it was late, I was tired, and I overcooked so it livered. I don't blame the glass, I have to work it cooler, and I know it's overcooked because the sparkle is mostly burnt out too. Thought you guys might like to see it anyway, because at it's worst mistreatment, it's not too bad. When I get a chance, I'll work it cooler and see what the color is then.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Last edited by Hels; 2009-02-27 at 1:59pm.
Old 2009-02-27, 2:07pm

Quick note... I tested the sno white too... was a bit scared of it, since it was HORRIBLE from last year's sale (did I say HORRIBLE? It boiled worse than crayons... a LOT worse). This year, it was REALLY nice. I was very impressed at the difference.

It's still not as buttery and easy to work as borostix white, but it's come a long way. It's now easier to melt than crayons, and has a bumpier lumpier texture than last year's sno white, which was a very smooth rod. Definitely reformulated for the better!!

They have a sale today on it too if anyone sees... it's going for $15/lb, I paid $18/lb and got 2 lbs already. Darn.

My Non-Glass Sites:

Old 2009-02-27, 5:04pm

Dang, no red (double checked box like three times) and no frit either.
Old 2009-02-27, 7:22pm

Got my order today........everything looks great. Of course it came 20 minutes after I shut everything down (FedEx didn't get here until almost 8:30!!!) I got a rod of the candy apple red and lots of yummy candy...thanks GA!

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon