Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-12, 10:04pm

Default %%^%&$Bead Release

OK, I have had it with my bead release. I read all of the threads here on the site and have decided to try Fusion.

Where is the best place to buy Fusion bead release?
Old 2008-11-12, 10:07pm

Jon @ www.lbsupplys.com carries it!!!
(and I fusion! It rocks my world...I can leave mandrels around forever & a week & they're still just fine! Loco uses it too!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-11-13, 11:44am

Thanks. I just placed an order. Can't wait.
Old 2008-11-13, 7:11pm

Hope you like it - I've tried others and always come back to Fusion, I love it.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2008-11-13, 10:28pm

SLY -- which one are you swearing at?
Old 2008-11-13, 10:47pm
The Andrea Half

I like the Best Bead Release--it really is the best I have tried. Following that is Foster Fire mixed with Fusion. But Best Bead Release is mixed for those of us in humid areas, and it really makes a difference.

Old 2008-11-14, 12:00am

Default bead release

LOLOLOL

hi sharon, just pm'ed you~ i love fusion too!!!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2008-11-14, 3:02pm
Cake for me too please

I was breaking my bead release EVERY TIME I tried to encase anything. (Yes I know I needed to melt my glass more) but I was still frustrated. I bought some Fusion after reading suggestions on LE and I have never looked back. Great stuff.
Old 2008-11-14, 4:00pm

The release I have been using is sludge from the concentrate that I bought a couple years ago when I started to learn. It has dried up and been reconstituted so many times that I think it lost its umph. All that to say, I remembered that I bought some sludge dip and go, but put it in the house so that it wouldn't freeze and forgot about it. Well, I went and found it and dipped a few mandrels this morning and just used it on some pretty big beads. I was tugging on it pretty hard too, and no breakage, so at least I can keep working while I wait for my fusion.

Thanks for all of the confirmation on fusion. I probably won't get it for a few more days and I can't wait to try it.
Old 2008-11-15, 10:10pm

Thanks. I'm an Alice's fan myself -- pain to mix it up, but less waste because I make small batches.
Old 2008-11-15, 11:49pm
The Crazy One

Fusion baby, all the way! Today I used a mandrel that I know I dipped over 9 months ago and it held just as I expected it to. OK so I had to burn off some spider webs, but I'll just call that heating the mandrel... Yup thats my story and I'm sticking to it!

Love the stuff! I do pull stringer as I'm working using the mandrel. I have to flick of the bit of glass (I could be weird) and a bit of the release occasionally flies as well. BUT I have never had the release fail from that. Did I say I love Fusion?