Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-11, 7:24am
Does my glass look 2 big?

Default Who sells the Creation Station?

I can't seem to find a vendor.

Thanks!
Olimpia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-10-11, 7:28am
Pyromaniac

Hi, I just googled it and it is at various places.
Here's one:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But if you want more choices do a google search.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-10-11, 7:39am
Does my glass look 2 big?

I did that too and only found one vendor!... gotta improve my googling skills, thank you!

Old 2008-10-11, 8:48am
Apparently Invisible

Austin Blue Moon does, it is where I got mine.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim & Rose are AWESOME people!

Old 2008-10-11, 11:26am

Got mine from Ron and Rocio on sale. You might ask them if they can give you the sale price. Never know. It was the best price I found.
PS
Old 2008-10-11, 1:59pm
Sharon

Quote:
Austin Blue Moon does, it is where I got mine.

Jim & Rose are AWESOME people!
that's where i got mine too...and they also carry the leather elbow rests to add to it.

LOVE IT!!
Old 2008-10-11, 4:39pm
Detail G-Mama!

Those leather elbow pads saved my elbows!!!

Old 2008-10-12, 6:21am

I got mine from Blue Moon as well - Love it!! The shipping was super fast and the customer service was great.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2008-10-15, 12:20pm

We stock them here at ABR. we have over 50 in stock right now!

we have a pretty competitive price. we have them on our website for just 89.95! We also carry the extra padded arm rests that are very nice.

Old 2009-02-20, 2:48pm
Bracelet Ho

I know this is an older thread but just wanted to let you know the originator and creator of the Creation Station is Bill & Vicki from Vicki's Porch. They also created the "Pull My Stringer". I know there are many distributors for this great product and that some of them advertise and post on LE. I think it is important to say that a company has taken Vicki's idea and copied it and renamed it "Torch Buddy". He is selling it on his site

I posted this in the bathroom, but I feel it is very important to our community, that it is posted in here. This is a blatant copy of the Creation Station, just renamed. Bill & Vicki built their products because they are part of this community and are always thinking of new ways to improve or help this craft so I am really disgusted that this guy would rip them off so blatantly.
Old 2009-02-20, 3:02pm

Quote:
I know this is an older thread but just wanted to let you know the originator and creator of the Creation Station is Bill & Vicki from Vicki's Porch. They also created the "Pull My Stringer". I know there are many distributors for this great product and that some of them advertise and post on LE. I think it is important to say that a company has taken Vicki's idea and copied it and renamed it "Torch Buddy". He is selling it on his site

I posted this in the bathroom, but I feel it is very important to our community, that it is posted in here. This is a blatant copy of the Creation Station, just renamed. Bill & Vicki built their products because they are part of this community and are always thinking of new ways to improve or help this craft so I am really disgusted that this guy would rip them off so blatantly.
Unbelievable!
Old 2009-02-20, 3:03pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Bill & Vicki built their products because they are part of this community and are always thinking of new ways to improve or help this craft so I am really disgusted that this guy would rip them off so blatantly.

I saw your Bathroom thread . . . . did we ever find out if they have a patent on their product?? Do they know about this TorchBuddy??

Old 2009-02-20, 3:06pm
Detail G-Mama!

I will let Vicki know, I'll send her the link! Thanks for bringing this up!!

Old 2009-02-20, 3:27pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I can understand the outrage when your product is copied but this goes on in the market all the time. It is the name of the game. Have you noticed how a great product comes on an info commercial and then there are copycats in the stores soon after?

This is not uncommon , nor illegal. Why should lampwork products be different? If I invented a product and someone totally copied my idea, yes I would feel things but it is the name of the game........You have to keep ten steps ahead of your competition.

DON'T FLAME ME FOR THIS

It is just the raw truth of business.

Old 2009-02-20, 3:58pm

There is such a thing as patent infringement, and I think any judge and jury would make a determination that that is what is taking place, assuming, of course that a patent was applied for.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-02-20, 5:05pm
Bracelet Ho

Quote:
I can understand the outrage when your product is copied but this goes on in the market all the time. It is the name of the game. Have you noticed how a great product comes on an info commercial and then there are copycats in the stores soon after?

This is not uncommon , nor illegal. Why should lampwork products be different? If I invented a product and someone totally copied my idea, yes I would feel things but it is the name of the game........You have to keep ten steps ahead of your competition.

DON'T FLAME ME FOR THIS

It is just the raw truth of business.
No I'm not going to flame you. You are correct that it does happen in business. It is just that we are a small community and when things like this happen we take notice. I just want people to be aware that his is a copy and that he did not create it, but copied the idea from valued members of our community that give so much to teaching facilities & studios and individuals. I just like to know that when I spend my money on a product I am spending it with people that actually give a damn and that give back to the community.
Old 2009-02-20, 5:06pm

Yes, but I think that even with a patent it would be hard for a small business owner to make a case of it when the parties are in different countries.

Old 2009-02-20, 5:12pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Oh I am in total agreement and it is great you gave a headsup!

Quote:
No I'm not going to flame you. You are correct that it does happen in business. It is just that we are a small community and when things like this happen we take notice. I just want people to be aware that his is a copy and that he did not create it, but copied the idea from valued members of our community that give so much to teaching facilities & studios and individuals. I just like to know that when I spend my money on a product I am spending it with people that actually give a damn and that give back to the community.

Old 2009-02-20, 7:54pm
Dichro Addict

While we are saddened and sickened by this blatant copying of a product that we worked for over a year to perfect, we are aware that there are people who lack ethics. Perhaps this "gentleman" also lacks the imagination to develop tools of his own and must copy in order to make a buck.

I know the level of quality that goes into the Creation Station and will fall back on what my Grandmother always told me. You get what you pay for.

Thank you for your support.

Vicki

Old 2009-02-22, 4:33pm
Bracelet Ho

Quote:
While we are saddened and sickened by this blatant copying of a product that we worked for over a year to perfect, we are aware that there are people who lack ethics. Perhaps this "gentleman" also lacks the imagination to develop tools of his own and must copy in order to make a buck.

I know the level of quality that goes into the Creation Station and will fall back on what my Grandmother always told me. You get what you pay for.

Thank you for your support.

Vicki
Thanks Vicki for coming in and responding to this, I am so sorry that this has happened to you. Unfortunately there have been many threads on the question of this persons "ethics" and I just feel really bad that he has done this to you & Bill.
~Carol
Old 2009-02-22, 4:42pm
I poop flowers.

Just wanted to let you know, that I think your product is great, although I`ve never used one, I really want one! When I am in the market for one, it will definitely be a Creation Station, and not Dennis Brady`s knock-off.

Velvet

"There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate." ---Charles Dickens