Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-01-02, 3:44pm

Default Cherry red

Can someone tell me who sells a glass that is a transparent bright Cherry Red?
Thanks
Red

Lynx, Midrange, Scorpion Regalia Oxycon
Old 2009-01-02, 3:46pm
Borovangelist

Which COE?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2009-01-02, 3:46pm

Oh sorry....104 coe

Old 2009-01-02, 4:32pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lauscha. IMO, they really have the best reds, both opaque and transparent.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2009-01-02, 4:35pm
moth to the flame

Yea, Lauscha gets my vote too.

Merry Happy Red
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-01-02, 5:02pm
Apparently Invisible

Vetrofond Candy Apple Red, I got mine from Paula @ Flamedame. It is very pretty!

Old 2009-01-02, 10:08pm

Thanks Karen!
We have Lauscha Cherry Red and Dark Cherry Red (which is really more like a Burgundy Red to me!)
All COE 104.

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-03, 6:35am

Lauscha!
I got some of the "light" red from Grace @ Lauscha Lady when the american $ was doing way better than the canadian dollar (it's not right now--I think we're just about equal, which is easy on the exchange, but doesn't get ya any great deals
)
I'm thinking Paula might just have the same shade too now? (she didn't have hers yet when I ordered mine
)
There's a couple shades of Lauscha transparent red & they're ALL just delicious!
(actually, I have yet to meet a Lauscha color I don't like....)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-01-03, 8:58am
Lampworkaholic!

CiM Sangre is my favorite. My Lauscha reds turn brownish. I'm going to lower the pressure on my propane and see if that helps. But CiM is a workhorse and the colors stay true.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-01-04, 6:45pm

Quote:
CiM Sangre is my favorite. My Lauscha reds turn brownish. I'm going to lower the pressure on my propane and see if that helps. But CiM is a workhorse and the colors stay true.
I've experienced the same problem with the Lauscha red turning brown. Maybe it's just the red that I bought. It isn't what I would call a clear cherry red, but I will check and see what other reds they make.
Thanks to all
Red

Old 2009-01-04, 8:22pm
Heart Of Glass Beads

CIM SANGRE!!! It is SOOO pretty! Here are some cherry blossom beads using it as the base -

This color does tend to go opaque if you work it hot and for a long time, but you can keep it transparent by working it cool.

Shine-On Glow In The Dark Glass available in 104, 96, 90 COE. PM for Details
Old 2009-01-04, 8:45pm
Fiddle-dee-dee!

Quote:
CIM SANGRE!!! It is SOOO pretty! Here are some cherry blossom beads using it as the base -

This color does tend to go opaque if you work it hot and for a long time, but you can keep it transparent by working it cool.

Stunning Carla!!

I love CIM Sangre too. One of my absolute favorite colors.
Old 2009-01-05, 10:02am

Sounds like you just need a little more oxygen for your Lauscha red.
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-05, 11:27am
Lampworkaholic!

I lowered the propane and I tried again with the Lauscha - If I work it longer, for example make a base bead and then add a lot of detail, I get red. If I make spacers, they are brownish and the color is inconsistent, i.e., some of the bead is darker and some almost clear. So I will just use it as a base for beads with detail.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-01-05, 2:05pm

Quote:
I lowered the propane and I tried again with the Lauscha - If I work it longer, for example make a base bead and then add a lot of detail, I get red. If I make spacers, they are brownish and the color is inconsistent, i.e., some of the bead is darker and some almost clear. So I will just use it as a base for beads with detail.
I think you just need to strike it. Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-05, 3:05pm
Lauscha Lady

Quote:
Elizabeth Rose/Red - try making your bead in a neutral flame, and when you're all finished working it, cool slightly and bring it back in the flame till the Lauscha Red turns an 'even' opaque. Into the kiln, and I promise you excellent results. My favorite red transparent is the Lauscha Light Red, always true and sooooooo beautiful. Have a look at these results:

Lauscha tr Cherry is a deep cherry juice red. Very delicious and dark. The Lauscha Light Red is clear, sparkly, gorgeous and a fabulous red. /grace
ps - no, our poor ole dollar is still failing ... still worth 20% less than yours
, and yes all my prices are in Canadian

Last edited by grace edwards; 2009-01-05 at 3:08pm.
Old 2009-01-05, 7:01pm

You might try Vetrofond Candy Apple Red, as Zany artist (Karen) mentioned earlier.

It's a great transparent color, easy to work with. Frantz has a sale going on this month so you'll get a good price on it. Good color, good price, what more could you want?

Kay
Old 2009-01-05, 9:17pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks Grace - I will try that. The red in the cane is just glorious. I think I am striking-challenged.

By the way, I got some cored Lauscha that I am trying to identify.

Any ideas?

Old 2009-01-05, 9:35pm

Those are Lauscha's tri colors or overlay canes. You have rosalyn and white, orange and white, red and white, brown and white, violet and white. I'm not Grace but I know the answer!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-05, 9:53pm
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks Paula. I melted some of the brown and it's really pretty, almost like a wood grain, you don't really see any white.

Old 2009-01-05, 10:04pm

Oh I know they are all gorgeous!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-06, 6:05am
Lauscha Lady

Thanks Paula - yes those are the tri's. And so wonderful on their own. A little shocky at first, so start slow but once the end is melted they are really easy to use. I love the effect. Looking at your colors though - I'm thinking you don't have the red - that particular color the factory made as a two layer last year. I think Paula would agree. /grace

Old 2009-01-06, 4:55pm

Yep. I defer to Grace. Looking again they must both be orange.
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-06, 8:52pm

I went hunting for the light red and it doesn't appear to be available. All I'm seeing is the dark red and that I don't need. If anyone knows who has the light red please let me know?
Thanks again.
Red/Phyllis

Old 2009-01-06, 11:47pm
moth to the flame

I compared the pic from Frantz to the pic from Lauscha Lady's site and it appears to be the light.

Maybe call them?

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-01-06, 11:56pm

I think that Grace has the only batch of Light Red out there.
Of course I don't know everything...

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-01-07, 12:34am

Quote:
I went hunting for the light red and it doesn't appear to be available. All I'm seeing is the dark red and that I don't need. If anyone knows who has the light red please let me know?
Thanks again.
Red/Phyllis
I have light, medium and dark red of Lauscha in stock.
PM Me if you need to!

Old 2009-01-07, 12:36am

Yee Gads....Sorry for the ugly paddles. Could you tell I made them as a "newbie?"
I think it might be time to update that page ya think????

Old 2009-01-07, 2:52am

Liz of Creativeartyfacts gave me a rod of a trans. red a while ago now, it is very beautiful clear, clean red. I think it must be light red Lauscha after seeing the link. gorgeous!

Grace, on your site, is the code for the triton medium frit correct? The fine has a trF code and the medium has pM? Just thought I would say in case it was wrong?

Cheers
Kym
Old 2009-01-07, 5:20am
Lauscha Lady

I have lots of the
220L, and carry all four shades of the transparent Red. Since it's my fav shade of the Red transparent, I really stocked up when I ordered last time.

Thanks Kym -fixed!

Paula - LOL!!! Not PMing your this time, just laughing. When do you sleep?