Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Safety

Safety -- Make sure you are safe!

Old 2014-06-15, 2:54am

Default Where to have incoming air

My son in law built me a Barley Box. My torch is bottom right corner. He hasn't made a hole for my return air yet. At first I thought about 18 inches up from the table on the opposite side so it wouldn't interfere with my flame but would clear out the area above the flame (my exhaust is about 3 feet off the table to my right). Then I started to wonder if in the winter the cold air will sink and hit my flame.

I had him do this primarily to help keep me warmer in winter. I just open a window and let the air come in - no venting - so it gets cold in the winter.
Is my idea a good place - opposite side about 18 inches up (at the back left hand side). Coming up through the table is not an option.

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-06-15, 6:13am
Gentleman of Leisure

if coming up from the bottom is not a option, I don't think a cross flow will do you any good, as it will probably want to pull your flame side ways plus not ensure fresh air to your breathing space........ Best option would be to continue to have air come behind you...

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2014-06-16, 1:25am

Bummer. Thanks.

Old 2014-06-16, 9:57am
Shelarious

What about coming up by your side - not through the table per se but pointed at your head/torch?

Mine comes straight from the window to my right - I have ducting attached to a board that I put in the window. It's further supported by a clamp/wire fastener to my bench, but angled towards my head/face/torch. The outtake fan pulls air so well that the ducting works excellently.

Old 2014-06-17, 1:11am

Can you post a picture? That sounds like it might be possible. THanks