Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-20, 5:14pm
Where's the coffee?

Default How do you get Bullseye Gold Purple to photograph right?

I made these really pretty floral lentils and would like to auction them, but I can't get them to look purple to save my life. I have probably taken over 70 pictures of them in all different lighting situations and I am so mad now that I am about to throw the beads out the d@mned window. I have messed with my photo editing software too and it hasn't helped much. This seems to be the only color that I can never get to look right in a picture...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-21, 4:50pm
one day at a time

Angie, I'm not sure what this color is supposed to look like, but gosh....those are a beautiful color and design! But I understand why you're frustrated because you don't want to feel like you are misrepresenting the color in the photo.

Hopefully someone who is familiar with this color can help!
Old 2005-07-22, 7:26am
Where's the coffee?

Thanks Lisa I finally just gave up and started the auction anyway and explained that it is a true purple color and not the icky blue it looks like. Hope the winner isn't disappointed with them!

Old 2005-07-22, 12:38pm
One Crazy Mama

well i was outbid on them so that is always good for you right?

they are beautiful!!!

Old 2005-07-22, 7:17pm
Frog Queen

Did you have only Flourescent or Incandescent lights on - If you have both on at once purple changes color - Something about digital photography and color spectrum - One messes with the blue - one with red and purple looks bad
Old 2005-07-23, 5:22am
Where's the coffee?

Thank you, Sondra! No one says that you can't try again, LOL!

As far as the lighting, I tried outside in the shade, under florescent and a mixture of daylight/incandescent. I finally decided that life is too short to keep messing with it

But, if there is someone that has a tried and true method of getting it to look purple...I am way curious about how to do it.

Old 2005-07-23, 9:03am

They look purple to me. I know what you mean though, I can never get ink blue to look purple in the photos. Did you try direct sunlight? I found that last week direct sunlight gave me a better purple with my ink blue. It made my feel better when my dad told me that even with regular film, sometimes purple doesn't turn out right.

Lara

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2005-07-23, 11:24am
CA Queen Bitch

This maybe???

Being unstable and bitchy is all part of my mystique.

Peek A Boo!