No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-07-26, 11:09am
Confused as usual

Default my studio set up

so I am working on setting up my studio my husband is making my torch station I am thinking 24 in is wide enough? but how high should my hood/vent be from my work/torch space?
Old 2011-07-26, 1:07pm
Salt Box Beads

24" wide is way too small. IMO. 24" inches deep is okay. My bench is 24" X 4' and it is too small, when we get the shed up I am putting in a 32' deep X 6' foot and I know I will be a lot happier.

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2011-07-26 at 1:10pm.
Old 2011-07-26, 1:18pm

We made mine 32" deep too. Hood distance is 18" from table to hange it. And I'm really happy with size of the counter top too. I have plenty of room now.
Janet C

Last edited by Janetlee; 2011-07-26 at 4:47pm. Reason: correct countertop depth size
Old 2011-07-27, 6:00pm
Borovangelist

Hey Jazarra!

I'm in MA too. If you're in the neighborhood and want to see my death tra...err...shop email me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2011-07-27, 6:13pm
Confused as usual

ummm I can't find a place to PM you or e-mail you at ,lol maybe you cann send this infoo in a PM
Old 2011-07-28, 5:19am
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazarra View Post
ummm I can't find a place to PM you or e-mail you at ,lol maybe you cann send this infoo in a PM
Ah, yeah...long story. Some day I hope I can turn the PMs back on. info at munkinarts.com

|
|
Old 2011-07-29, 2:11pm
Confused as usual

ok yeah 24 in is too small uuugh back to the drawing board do any of you have a pic you could post ?? Also does anyone else use a small room in there house as a studio??Or is this a NO NO
Old 2011-07-29, 6:54pm
Confused as usual

Maybe under studio isn't the place to post these questions ???? LOL
Old 2011-07-30, 2:07am
Unmedicated since '62

It is but sometimes it's a good idea to go and drag people out of the bathroom to get an opinion

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-07-30, 4:44am

I don't have a pic of my setup but basically I built a small room/area in the corner of my garage. My bench consists of two 24"x48" tables I built into a "L" shape and my torch is in the elbow of the "L" so I have about 36" behind it. I am a lefty so the 48" section of the "L" is on my left with the 24" on my right, this gives me plenty of area to clutter up. The torch being in the corner allowed me to build elbow rest things on the "L" and it is pretty comfortable. I am not sure my description is very good but I hope it helps.
Chris

Old 2011-07-30, 8:13am
Salt Box Beads

Please read the thread link below. It has oodles of pictures of a quick and cheap way to set up a work bench.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...trailer+thread
Old 2011-07-30, 8:43am
It's about having fun!

When the weather is nice I love being outside, and also I have had a stuio in the garage. But with the hot summer months I now have a studio back inside in an extra bedroom. It is nice not to be fighting the wind and temps but I will probably head back outside as soon as summer is over. This year I'm going to try to have duplicates of all the basics so I don't have to keep lugging stuff around. I work on a hot head so it's relatively easy. It's very exciting, I hope you are having fun!
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-08-20, 4:13pm
Confused as usual

Yiippeeee....... I got a chilli pepper kiln today Now I just have to figure out how to use it LOL HELP.....I will have pics of my almost complete studio next week when my daughter brings my camera cord home .Having fun ,loving glass