LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-05-23, 11:49am

Thank You Robin, This is what honest business is all about, Dave, Artisan Tool Works
Old 2012-05-23, 12:34pm

Hello,
I purchased Dave's mashers and the Lentil heads about two months ago off ebay. I think they are great. Nice smooth action and the screw lets you preset the amount of squeeze. I bought a second set so I could have one set for doing lentils and one as a a straight masher.
Old 2012-05-25, 9:03am

Hi Nancy, screws are on the way via snail mail. Take care,Dave
Old 2012-05-25, 9:31pm

Dave,
I had a pair of mashers in my "cart" at Amazon but while I was waiting on $$$, they all sold out. How long before you will have more?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my children have paws
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-05-26, 3:35am

Heya, Dave, thank you so much. You're a class act!!!

Nancy

#R-85
Old 2012-05-26, 6:43am

Hi Serendipity, Thanks for your interest. I will have stock the first week of June, Dave
Old 2012-05-26, 11:24am

I am going to want the lentil mashers. Have to wait until I sell some stuff at the next show.
Old 2012-07-12, 4:05pm
Melody of Glass

Just got mine in the mail today. I got the new and improved version that has a stop for how wide they open to accommodate smaller hands. Looks great, quality is fantastic. They are perfectly parallel. Can't wait to try them out. Thanks Dave!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-07-13, 10:50am

Thanks Melody, I'm glad you like the TP2. Enjoy it in good health, Dave
Old 2012-07-15, 4:07pm

Regarding the parallel mashers from Dave. I bought a pr from Dave and the are awesome!! Built well and yes you can interchange the graphite blocks for other shapes. As a matter of fact Dave is pretty cool too. I didn't have a PayPal account so he just sent them to me and I sent him a check after I received them. (lol not saying he will do this for everyone). And I live in Alaska!! They are worth $149- for only $49.95!!!! Thx again Dave
Mark
Old 2012-07-17, 5:45am

I'm so excited - just ordered a TP2 masher from Dave on eBay. I have previously purchased four or five mashers, and didn't really like any of them. These will be the magic ones! Now to put something in the Garage Sale to help pay for these.
Cheryl
Old 2012-07-17, 6:43am
Lampworkaholic!

Hi Dave - Any chance that you will make one in something like the shape of the Jim Moore Cushion Press or the Cattwalk Wide Crunch? I love that shape but don't have the hand strength to squeeze it.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-07-17, 8:50am

Hi Elizabeth, I don't think I ever saw one. As soon as I get time I'll go
On line and check it out, thanks,Dave
Old 2012-07-17, 9:11am

Just went and looked at it and I don't see the $49 price - I see one for $69????

"The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.” Julia Cameron

Scorpion on 2 concentrators
Old 2012-07-17, 9:24am

Dave posted info somewhere that he was needing to up the price a bit. I received my mashers in May and am totally impressed with them. I can understand why he has to sell them at a bit higher price (but glad I purchased before they went up ). They're totally worth the $69 he's now charging!
Old 2012-07-17, 4:05pm
ASamples33

Just ordered mine. Can't wait to get it. I spoke with Dave he is no longer on Amazon so you have to use eBay
Old 2012-08-13, 11:47am

Hi Elizabeth, I finally got to see the Jim Moore cushion press. In September I'll release
A large radius insert that will be very close to his. They will sell for $9.00 ea.
Thank you for your interest, Dave
Old 2012-08-13, 2:52pm
color bomb

Will these be on Amazon again in the foreseeable future?
Old 2012-08-13, 3:20pm

Hi Cinder, late September on eBay. I will post on LE, thanks, Dave
Old 2012-08-14, 11:28pm

Well, no affiliation blahblahblah, but this tool is amazing! Never buy a BBQ masher-type tool, because they just don't work well. These are just terrific, so spend the money and get a quality tool that performs perfectly.
Cheryl
Old 2012-08-15, 3:56am
ALWAYS SMILES

LOVE these !!! I ordered mine on eBay for the slightly higher price....but there is now the addition of a set button for small hands ! ( you can stop it from extending all he way open, so it's easier to grasp). I just wish the 2" square inserts were less than $48 a set ! But that is still not a huge issue....
Old 2012-08-15, 4:24am
Melody of Glass

I didn't know the square insert s existed. By the time I can get two inches of glass on a mandrel, I will have had time to save up for them

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-08-17, 2:48pm

I haven't ordered these personally but I have been eyeballing them as well and wondering the same questions. What I do know is that they are no longer $49 on Ebay. They are now selling for $69. You can find them if you type in a search for TP2 Mashers on Ebay. Which by comparison to other like mashers is still a very good price. Although if they were still $49 I would be getting tomorrow. Hopefully by the time I can budget them in they haven't gone up anymore in price
Old 2012-08-18, 12:43pm

Hi Clover, next increase is 1/1/13, you have lots of time, thank you for your interest, Dave
Old 2012-08-19, 11:41am
Ad astra per aspera

Dave, were you at GlassStock maybe 4-5 years ago? If that was you, I remember meeting you (sort-of, I guess LOL) when your TP mashers were new and you were showing them off to us and Mike from Frantz.

I fell in love with them, but just couldn't afford them. I'm thrilled that you've been able to lower the price, and hope I can order them in the next month or so.

Old 2012-08-19, 4:46pm

Hi Karen, back in those days I cooperated with Wale and I may have been in the booth. The tool has changed since then (for the better). Thank you for your interest. Dave
Old 2012-08-20, 10:18pm

Do the mashers come with the flat heads or do I need to order them extra? Looking to have $$$ in the next few weeks.

Old 2012-08-21, 1:19am
Melody of Glass

They come with the flat ones. There are others you can order in addition if you'd like.

Coming soon...

Old 2012-08-21, 4:53am
ALWAYS SMILES

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
I didn't know the square insert s existed. By the time I can get two inches of glass on a mandrel, I will have had time to save up for them
LOL, Right.....I am not making them that large either. However I AM making a few here and there that are a hair taller than the pads the tool arrives with.... The 2" would cover ANYTHING I might ever make.....for now I just mash twice and fire polish the ridge off ! I love the tool though.....
Old 2012-08-21, 9:26pm

Great! I have the BBQ type mashers now and I'm ready to throw them at the wall. Can't mash anything even with them GRAUGH!