Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-01-18, 6:27pm

Default Respironics Ultrafill Whats Up

About 3 months ago i acquired a brand spankin new Respironics Ultrafill in hopes of using it in my set up. From what i understand this is a great compressor, and i got a great deal via craigslist. This machine has 7 hours on it. However, i did not receive a bottle with it.

Problem: I do not have the nipple fitting to make the whip. It is not as easy to get as the homefill nipple. Damn near impossible.

Problem: When the shell is cracked open to look inside, the female fitting is very different from the home fill, no threads. It almost seems "Glassblower Proof"

I sent this unit to Extreme Oxygen be worked on, worst mistake ever. They kept it in their shop for 2 months and never touched it.

I just received it back from them, and i am on the hunt again to make this thing work.

From what i understand, this is a very new model unit. There isnt much info out there, but any would be greatly appreciated.

It is also for sale, ive spent too much time and its tying up funds. I would honestly much rather make it work though.
Any info on how to make it work, or reasonable offers are accepted..

Thanks for looking!
Old 2014-01-19, 7:43am

never heard of it, but i'm going to keep my eye on this thread as i'm always interested in new ways to fuck over airgass!!!!!

can you post pics? are you a member of the melting pot/talkglass.com? there are homefill gurus over yonder.
Old 2014-01-19, 10:08am

I looked at the manual. It looks like it would take days to fill a regular sized tank. The manual states that it would take over 3 hours to fill a travel tank. It looks like this unit is only powerful enough to be used only for medical purposes. I'm not sure if this is the unit you want.
Old 2014-01-19, 3:22pm

I don't know about your machine either but if the nipples are all the same there is this on facebook where there selling nipples so you can make a whip.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=1&theater

good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Living the dream rocking a GTT Mirage and or 40mm Herbert Arnold J Howard Style with a home fill system in south central Wisconsin
Old 2014-01-19, 5:28pm
Bernhard Riegler

maybe this link helps a little? http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224102

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Old 2014-01-21, 7:22pm
I fart diamonds

How much do you want for it? Wanna trade for a Homefill?

Old 2014-02-02, 4:45pm

Ive looked over the manual also. I didnt see anywhere that had fill times in the manual, but i did come across a chart that compared the homefill to the ultrafill.

The ultrafills fastest time fillling a 3000 psi bottle was 1.75 hours.
The homefills fastest time filling a 2000 psi bottle was 24 minutes.

Regardless, that wasnt my issue and not why i am asking for info. Thanks anyway.

To those of you who offered information about the original question, it is appreciated.

I tried to follow the facebook link but it didnt work.

I contacted the woman who offered to buy or trade for the homefill. Any further information is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 2014-02-03, 9:47am

Just a note on the fill times I believe they are quoting times for the portable one pound cylinders for people to take with them if they have breathing problems. This is not the times for a large 'k' size tank.

Hope you find a whip for it.

Tags
homefill, oxygen generation, respironics, ultrafill