Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-03-07, 9:31pm
kiwi ( new zealand)

Default need help on Oxygen Concentrator

i look at get a Oxygen Concentrator for the studio what will i need to run my nortal red max mega. i seen this 1 the only 1 i found. so far close to where iam .

http://www.affordableinspiration.com...centrator.html

is there any where els for cheaper?

Geoffery Bunker Glass artist
Live Stream
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

octarockstudio= octopuss sit on a rock studio
Old 2014-03-08, 10:03am

I would love to tell you that will work but i don't have a clue, i run on tanks(that cost a ton )You need help from the rest of the good people here. I do look forward to reading about it though maybe someday i can run without tanks.
Old 2014-03-08, 2:57pm
sorcerer

These work ok but are over rated, the 10 is more like an 8lpm, you would do best to use two of them.

Old 2014-03-08, 5:25pm

Agree with the above comment about using two for that torch. I run one of these with a mini cc and it only just produces enough oxygen for what I am doing. That said, it is so easy to use. Just turn it on for 5 mins and off you go, no oxy bottles and running cost is relatively low.

Old 2014-03-09, 8:46am
Retired to the flame

I use a red max. i ran it on oxygen concentrators for 5 years. You will need at least 20 liters per minute to run this torch. Nortel site states 45 LPM at max flame. I started using a home-fill system a couple of years ago. I can get a little more performance with the home fill. You need a small medical concentrator (5 LPM) and the home fill compressor, a special fitting and a high pressure hose. It will fill oxygen tanks, then you just use out of the tank to torch. Cost me about $40 a month to keep my 3-250 cf tanks full. My wife and I torch around 20 days a month, 6 hrs a day.
Old 2014-03-10, 7:06am

....if there is only a "little bit of difference" between what your minicc does on an oxycon as compaired to your homefill....then your homefill's oxycon isn't putting out a good purity of o2.

my homefill's tanked oxy works just as well (well...very close to) as the comressed oxy that i'd get at airgas. if you have a big torch (and i consider redmax decent sized), a homefill is a very inexpensive option to get good oxy.