No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-12-04, 9:05pm
What was I thinking?

Smile Hades?

I just bought a bit of CiM Hades and know that some of you love it. Can you direct me to a link or some pix showing me what it can do? I've gotten a nice solid black but wonder if I'm missing something.
Thanks,
Gretchen

www.piedradesigns.etsy.com
Old 2008-12-04, 9:07pm
da General

Roll it in silver leaf/foil and add surface decoration using silver glass . . . it reacts beautifully!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2008-12-04, 9:10pm

I've got some pics at http://phoenixartsupplies.com/hades.php - great reduced or with silver - one of my favorite glasses
:

--------------
Make Beads:

--------------

Do you make purple hearts? Let me know in your order and I'll send you free purple glass!
Old 2008-12-04, 9:37pm
Ad astra per aspera

I love Hades for black like I love Peace for white. Here's two of my "why" pix. It stays nice and dense for most applications, it doesn't do that purpling with white, and it's reactive with certain colors (like coral).
Attached Images

Old 2008-12-04, 9:45pm
Entropy increasing....

It will do the same thing intense black does.
Old 2008-12-05, 7:38am
What was I thinking?

Smile

Very cool tips & pix! Thanks!!!
Old 2008-12-05, 5:16pm
Lampworkaholic!

Wow Karen - I tried Hades over Coral and just got webby black, pretty in its own way but no peacock colors. Did you silver the coral before decorating with the Hades?

Beauty!

Liz
Old 2008-12-05, 5:18pm
product of the universe

I like the colors in that bottom bead a lot.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-12-05, 6:21pm
Ad astra per aspera

No I didn't do anything else. But I need to make a color correction. The base is either Vetro Lime Sweet or one of the other odds from that batch (maybe Jupiter?).

Old 2008-12-05, 8:02pm

Take a stringer of any color glass and roll it in fine silver leaf or foil, burnish in well. Make a base bead of Hades, apply the stringer in a pattern and melt in, either partially or all the way. Turn down your oxygen to get a gentle reducing flame and gently flash the bead in and out of the flame. The stringer on this one is CIM Sepia

You can also get the same effect with a stringer of ASK Silver Rattan
Hades is the one glass I CANNOT do without

Old 2008-12-06, 12:21am
I speak Murrini!

Hades, Silver Foil and Poppy:

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-12-06, 9:14am

DeAnne, those are SO cool looking!

Old 2008-12-07, 8:06am
Lampworkaholic!

Thanks Karen! I have both Jupiter and Lime Sweet and will try some Hades on them today. Liz