Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-03-16, 1:42am

First, Kevan and Antonio, thank you for making this wonderful tutorial and the video is so good and so much fun to watch.

Yesterday I made my first goddess and I was so proud. She was perfect and I gave her a little twist of my own by giving her a zirconia as belly button.

I said was, because when I tried to get her of off the mandrel, I use a bit to much force (whats new, I have tons of bent mandrels . And this is the result of my first goddess.

I am of to make a new one, they are so fun to make.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-03-16, 3:05pm
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miriam View Post
First, Kevan and Antonio, thank you for making this wonderful tutorial and the video is so good and so much fun to watch.

Yesterday I made my first goddess and I was so proud. She was perfect and I gave her a little twist of my own by giving her a zirconia as belly button.
Thanks Mriram! And you are wrong when you say "she was perfect"....I think she IS perfect! Such a great first goddess!!

Antonio

Old 2009-03-16, 4:30pm
LFCookie

I received the tutorial today....I HAD to watch it before I teach a beading class tonight (bead embroidery) so now I want to make a Goddess instead of teach. But if I don't teach, I won't have money to spend on glass and tutorials. Oh well, I guess I have to wait until tomorrow, BUMMER.
BTW, this was a fabulous video and the instructions are also excellent! Makes me think even I could do it being a newbie and all! Thank you!
Old 2009-03-18, 12:20pm
Beadmaking.nl

Talking

They are so great to make!

Old 2009-03-19, 11:19am
namaste

I think it's so interesting how I'm seeing new forms being born that look like they are sister-goddesses to Kevan's creations. Each of you is interjecting your own ideas into the process and creating your own unique versions---which is fantastic!

It's so interesting how you can take a group of artists and say, tell them to draw a building and they all come up with totally different versions of the same building! It's almost as if they can't avoid channeling their private souls into the work.

Very cool !!!

Antonio

Old 2009-03-23, 4:49pm
LFCookie

Default my first Goddess

I am pretty happy with her, I've only been lampworking since 8/08 about 2 hours per week. Sorry the pictures are horrible, but you get the idea! I wish my rear looked like that.
Attached Images

Old 2009-03-23, 5:11pm
Entropy increasing....

I'm noticing lots of great looking butts!
Old 2009-03-24, 11:34am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFCookie View Post
I am pretty happy with her, I've only been lampworking since 8/08 about 2 hours per week. Sorry the pictures are horrible, but you get the idea! I wish my rear looked like that.
Wow! And you've only been at this just over a year? Is that ivory glass?
Ivory is one of the most difficult glasses to work with for sculpting!

I'm impressed!

Antonio

Old 2009-03-26, 6:30am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoņio View Post
Janice,

The video cracks us up. We've watched it a dozen times and laughed every time. It's so cute to hear Kevan speaking in 'public' when I know she is really shy about that kind of stuff. Realllllllly shy---like Edward Scissorhands shy. Like Howard Huges shy. Like Talia Shire in Rocky shy. OMG she is soooooo shy!

I know, I know....she doesn't sound shy when she's on the internet. In fact, she's been on moderated status here for some time now because she upsets people with her 'internet alter-ego'. But I tell you the girl is shy!
She hides it well. In fact, the word "hide" should be her middle name.

Antonio

PS...Thanks sweetie!

This email cracked me up!!! I love Kevan's emails and NEVER would have taken her as shy!!! LOLOL

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2009-07-24, 9:12pm
offically down under

I had a go at this terrific tutorial with my precious Gaffer Chalcedony. I posted in the G109 thread a very sexy goddess but I couldn't get the silly bitch off the mandrel. Paula D suggested a vinegar soak so I douched her for a couple of hours and she wouldn't budge. Next she's going to get the rivet gun and if that doesn't work, she going to have to live the rest of her life with a stainless steel rod between her legs. Feeling defeated, I had to make another babe and she seems pretty well behaved -even with her over-perky breasts.
Attached Images

Tags
glass bead, goddess, kevan aponte, lampwork, tutorial