No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-01-02, 9:34am
Debra Clutter

Default Studio Remodel

My husband was kind enough to remodel my studio for the 3rd time as he puts it! I was tired of working in the corner and needed more room. Of course he wasn't giving up any of his room in his shop so he helped me by remodeling my studio in the garage.

I haven't been able to torch in a couple of months but it is worth it.
Here is what the torch area looked like before.

It was a nice place but it was hard to try to teach anyone and the long boro rods kept knocking over stuff!

This is a picture of my hubby and wonderful step-daughter working on the counter top. It is only a laminate counter that looks like the granite I have in my kitchen. The two cabinets on the bottom hold all my 104 glass.

You can see in the above photos that the garage is in need of paint and we are removing the cheap cabinets I put up years ago.

This is a picture of me after the counter tops are in.

Cabinets are down and the room is painted. Jana and hubby are hanging the shelves I painted purple.

To be continued.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2012-01-02, 9:47am
Debra Clutter

The hoods are up! They are 900 cfm that I bought off of Ebay for $275. I thought it was a good deal, plus they have lights in them. It is better than my old ventilation. Now I have two work stations so I can have some company!

Hubby hanging the last cabinet! It is looking really good! He really did work very hard on this. It is funny my daughter's friend came over the other night and thought we had a kitchen in the garage! I guess it kind of looks like it!

The right work station. I tested this out last night. Hubby is still working on some elbow supports for me and a glass rack, but it was nice to work at.

Painted frit rack

Piping my hubby put in. I can use the Oxy tank or concentrators (one or both) and natural gas.

Other work station.

This is the other cabinet that is holding my boro and 96 glass. This is also the workspace I use to clean the beads and do my stained glass work.

I hope you like seeing my journey. I know I enjoy seeing others studio pictures!

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2012-01-02, 9:53am

Very, very nice!

Old 2012-01-02, 10:06am
Salt Box Beads

Sweeeeeet!!
Old 2012-01-02, 10:08am

Too Cool.

"All true artists, whether they know it or not, create from a place of no-mind, from inner stillness."
Eckhart Tolle

Cathy[/font]
Old 2012-01-02, 11:06am
Burn baby, burn

Oh wow, this a dream of mine! Do you mind sharing the ebay source?

I also love the idea of putting the glass in cabinets right there...and it stays clean. Thanks for sharing!
Old 2012-01-02, 11:14am
Curmudgeon Engineering

"A good man is hard to find...." or is it "A ha............"?
Nice job and very attractive. Always more fun and productive to work in a great environment.
Old 2012-01-02, 1:47pm
Debra Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Oh wow, this a dream of mine! Do you mind sharing the ebay source?

I also love the idea of putting the glass in cabinets right there...and it stays clean. Thanks for sharing!

I bought them from http://myworld.ebay.com/jewels12696 on ebay!

#C-108

Old 2012-01-02, 2:27pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Your hubby is the best! What a nice guy he is. I really enjoyed meeting you both. You're such wonderful people. I am so glad you have such a beautiful and well-functioning studio! I hope I can visit sometime!

p.s. where do you sell your soap? It's divine.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2012-01-02, 4:18pm

Congrats on the newer studio!!! It is awesome!!!
Janet C
Old 2012-01-02, 6:52pm
I'm meeeeelting

That looks great!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-01-02, 7:55pm
Debra Clutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
Your hubby is the best! What a nice guy he is. I really enjoyed meeting you both. You're such wonderful people. I am so glad you have such a beautiful and well-functioning studio! I hope I can visit sometime!

p.s. where do you sell your soap? It's divine.
That is so sweet Lori! I am all out of soap. I need to make some more. I will let you know when I have some ready!

#C-108

Old 2012-01-08, 7:17pm
Burn baby, burn

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclutter64 View Post
I bought them from http://myworld.ebay.com/jewels12696 on ebay!
Thanks! I've got a friend willing to help me brainstorm my space, so this will come in handy! L