No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-10-30, 9:54am
Sheila Davis Designs

Default Testing, 1...2

I tested 12 Double Helix reduction colors with an Effetre Super Clear base and encasement. I had an order for more of a set of my Golden Sunset beads and couldn't remember which one I used (I know...write it down!) Once I started making them I couldn't stop!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-10-30, 9:59am
Redheaded Thread Killer

Beautiful, and at least now you have a chart! Thank you for sharing it with us. =)

Currently... torch is cold. Not sure when I'll be making glass again. Hothead and Lynx user.
Nothing on
Old 2013-10-30, 10:01am
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks Cherie! Not the best photo. I really like the Oxalis.

Old 2013-10-30, 12:12pm
Artistically Absorbed

Very nice!! I love Oxalis too, it's my favorite of their new glasses!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2013-10-30, 12:38pm

WOW! Thanks for sharing, very nice!

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-10-30, 12:47pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Thanks ladies!

Old 2013-10-30, 3:21pm

Those are beautiful. What a nice rainbow! Thank you for sharing!
Old 2013-10-30, 6:36pm
Angie09

Sheila...is that silver foil you used and the clear dis colored it to gold? Or is it actually gold foil?
Old 2013-10-30, 6:45pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Beautiful Sheila!!

Old 2013-10-30, 6:59pm
beads....mmmm

Oh, nice, Sheila! Thanks for showing us!

::
Old 2013-10-30, 7:25pm

Beautiful Shelia. I'm very much liking the Clio and Kalypso, so purple compared to what I get.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2013-10-31, 9:27am
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie09 View Post
Sheila...is that silver foil you used and the clear dis colored it to gold? Or is it actually gold foil?
It's a small barrel of clear, silver glass, don't even worry about covering it totally, heat until clear, let cool slightly, reduce, encase with clear...shape and add Gold foil....in splotches.

Old 2013-10-31, 3:35pm

Default gorgeous!!!

Thank you sooo much Shelia for posting that~ I'm going to print it out. I have tons of silver glass, just haven't used it in a few years!
Old 2013-10-31, 6:19pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrina310 View Post
Thank you sooo much Shelia for posting that~ I'm going to print it out. I have tons of silver glass, just haven't used it in a few years!
You're welcome Karrina! Show us pics when you get them done!