LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-11-16, 11:29am
Gay rights R human rights

Well finances dictated a drastic reduction in the time I will get to spend in Vegas unfortunately. I had originally planned on taking 6 classes now just doing 2. This also means that I was able to book a single room. I really am a bad roommate. I dont know what I was thinking about sharing a room. Im sure I would have gotten tossed out after the first night!
Still I'm planning to make the most of my 2 classes. Cant wait!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2010-11-17, 1:08pm
Pattyglass

Thumbs up Glass Craft & Bead Expo...Las Vegas

Hi Everyone...
The show is shaping up great!! The classes are filling up quickly. We already have eight ( sold out with quite a few one or two away from selling out. We have a couple of really neat evening seminars on Thursday and Friday and they are only $15.00.
Hope to see you all there!
Patty
Old 2010-11-17, 7:35pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Patty, did my catalog get mailed out? Can't wait to get it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2010-11-19, 11:00am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamp Dude View Post
Jodi, I'm sure we can spell De long enough to walk over to B-10.... but only for a minute .

Thanks Mister!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-11-23, 4:46pm

Hi Melody, Carl and I would like to go mining also. So put us on the list.
By the way, my ribs hurt for 3 days after we got into that conversation with Maureen.
Geneva
Old 2010-11-27, 9:47pm
Ex-lurker

Sorry about your ribs Geneva - it was all true though.... I will get with you about the mining when it gets closer - have to get through the holidays and then Tucson first.....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2010-11-28, 12:41pm
Still makin' flowers...

Oooh, I just checked the show catalog. There are quite a few classes I want - hope I can make up my mind before they fill.

I'll have my work there. Not sure of the booth yet, though!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2010-12-08, 1:01pm

Yes, definitely I'll come. I hear about the South Point Hotel. I think this is well-known hotel. I'm eager to see the Glass Craft & Bead Expo 2011. I think this will my great experience.

Old 2010-12-27, 2:22pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Ah, Vegas, another year, I love this show, been teaching there a long time and it is always a blast!

I will be in booths B1-2 (well, I will be teaching 4 days but do emerge on Sunday to thank sponsors and shop, ohh the deals!)

It will be great to see old friends there and meet some of you I haven't yet. It is hard to make the Sat night greet there as most of the lampworking teachers do a dinner that night, have for many years, after most of us are done teaching. So I never make it to the buffet to meet folks. Maybe this year, but after 4 days of teaching I am ready to just relax.

You can always stop by my classroom on the hot floor after 5 (or when my classes are over for the day) and say Hi!

See you all there,
deb

Old 2010-12-30, 11:29pm

Hey Deb, I get to take your cross-over class this year!! And DH bought me a Fusion 8 for Christmas, so now I get to do fusing as well as beading...to bad my job that pays the bills gets in the way of my fun...not enough hours in the day. Can hardly wait to come...see you there.

Melody

Old 2011-01-01, 10:12pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Deb, do you still have any openings in any of your classes?

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2011-01-13, 8:02pm

Y'all be sure to pop over to booth 323 .... I may even have one of the Japanese torches set up for y'all to play on

Oh, is there a "planned" meeting again, like last year?

Malcolm

Email:

Phone:+1.408.288.7978
Old 2011-01-25, 5:18pm

I don't know if anyone is pondering taking my Wednesday class, which mixes beadmaking with resin collage.....BUT Magic Glos, which makes my favorite resin has just agreed to give me an extra bottle per person to help sponsor the class. In addition to what is in the class "kit" everyone will have some to take home to play with!!

Here is one of the recent pieces I made, I love people asking "why didn't the photo burn up in the flame"! (Not the best pic, but a really sweet pendant) Jeri
Attached Images

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-01-26, 4:38pm
Pattyglass

Default Glass Craft & Bead Expo...Las Vegas

Hey everyone!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone again.... the show is shaping up great.... lots of people taking classes!! We still have some classes left.... don't be left out!!!
Come on and join us!!!!!
Old 2011-01-30, 12:35pm
Still makin' flowers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post

I will be in booths B1-2

It will be great to see old friends there and meet some of you I haven't yet.
See you all there,
deb
Oop, there you go. I'll be with Deb, so I'll either be in B1 or B2.
Can't wait to meet new people and see old friends!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-01-30, 7:50pm
Sam I Am

I'll be there..... Helping out in some of the Fusing Classes..
Sam

Old 2011-01-30, 7:56pm

I will be in B-9 with Schermo. Stop by and say hi to my mom, Lorry. Looks like B will be a fun aisle! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-01-31, 12:40pm
tweetysweetie

Tillie, last week I was looking at classes and noticed that Deb DOES have one or two openings..so you better sign up quick. She still might be in Texas right now teaching and not checking this thread...go see

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new peeps this year. Two of my classes have sold out but I still have openings in both Fri & Sat classes. Garden to the Sea and Wonderful Whimsicals sculpture...these are soft glass classes using Bullseye. You can check the Expo website for further descriptions on these two classes or everyone elses and what they're offering. Do a search by instructor for quick looks.

I'm pretty much like Deb as far as time availability...teaching 4 classes, I usually don't go out very late on the night before..Saturday night is my open night and Sunday is my shopping day...yeehawwww! I do make a concerted effort to attend any LE meet-ups as I love getting to put a face to the name! See ya there everyone!
Attached Images

Old 2011-02-09, 8:50am
Sam I Am

I'm was excited to see my friend Nicole Lozano as a Featured Instructor on the Glass Craft website. 2 great classes!
She is a wonderful artist and a patient and knowledgeable teacher. Her glass always looks fabulous but the real test is how does it feel? I have to say some of her glass feels like silk, smooth a soft to the touch and other pieces have intriguing texture
Just had to post. link to her feature
See you in Vegas
Sam

Last edited by Dream Fire; 2011-02-09 at 8:57am. Reason: spelling what else-----
Old 2011-02-11, 11:50am

Ok as a first timer, I need to ask. Do we take trade beads?

Old 2011-02-11, 12:30pm
tweetysweetie

Leslie, it wouldn't hurt to take some to trade, especially if there is a LE get together, thats where I have seen the trades (one isn't scheduled as yet ), but as far as trading on the showroom floor? haven't seen it done myself. Its' not a venue like the Gathering but more geared for sales.

Old 2011-02-16, 4:14pm

Hi everybody,

We have just open a second day of my sold out glass flowers class...so, if you were hoping to take it......come on down.

This is a great class for someone who is interested in torch work but have never given it a try. No experience needed for this class...bring a friend!

see ya all soon.

Lisa
Old 2011-02-22, 2:23am

Oh Yeah, I got in the show!! My booth is I-5 and very close to Loco and Deann. Stop on by and say hi!

Old 2011-03-01, 9:59pm
A Splash o' Glass

I will be by to see you my friend Bindy! I wish you much success in this show and I KNOW you will do very well. And we will find some time to play!

Are there any plans set in motion yet by anyone for an LE get-together dinner?

Old 2011-03-03, 8:19am
Wooohooo,GS!

Sorry I missed your question Tille!
My classes are all full except the blown shells, both Crossover and my sculpture class have been full awhile.

If I don't get to see you in my classes please stop by my classroom and say Hi!
I have a booth there too (B1 & 2) but will only be in and out of it on Sunday.

Hope to see you there!
Hugs, deb

Old 2011-03-03, 8:24am
Wooohooo,GS!

Melody, so glad you are coming sweetie!
Bindy, would love to see you and say hi, been a long time! Come by the classroom if you have time, I don't ever seem to have enough time on the floor to say Hi to everyone on Sunday.

Lisa, that is great news! We have to find a few minutes to pick some classes for GS East while we are there, so glad you are coming!

Hugs, deb

Old 2011-03-03, 1:12pm

I would love to go to a LE get together dinner. Is it a regular thing? What night is everyone looking to get together?

Old 2011-03-03, 10:08pm
A Splash o' Glass

I'll be in your blown shells class Deb. I'm really looking forward to this. I make a lot of hollow shells on a mandrel with soft glass but this will be a fun class to learn these with boro tubing. A whole new learning curve for me and I can't wait! I saw these last year in Vegas and your fish for the first time the year before and knew right then that I had to take a class of yours someday. The time has arrived and I will see you in a few weeks.

Hugs,
Barbara

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb c View Post
Melody, so glad you are coming sweetie!
Bindy, would love to see you and say hi, been a long time! Come by the classroom if you have time, I don't ever seem to have enough time on the floor to say Hi to everyone on Sunday.

Lisa, that is great news! We have to find a few minutes to pick some classes for GS East while we are there, so glad you are coming!

Hugs, deb

Old 2011-03-04, 11:04am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Barb, thank you SO very much for the compliments!
We are going to have a blast! If you learn the shells in boro it gets way easier to go back and do them out of soft glass, main thing is keeping the soft glass HOT. The boro gives you more time to experiment with techniques which is why I always teach them out of boro.

I will also have my boro shell tutorial available at the show for $20 for BOTH parts! (If you would like to get a little ahead for the class I will honor that price now so you can get it before the show. This is because you are IN that class that I am offering this early. Everyone else will have to get it at my booth or classroom.)

See you then sweetie,
Glassy hugs!
deb

Old 2011-03-04, 12:05pm
tweetysweetie

Barb...your going to love this class for sure. I saw some of the shells that students came out of class with last year and they were awesome/beautiful. I have the tutorial that Deb is talking about and it is well worth the money, a must have for your glass library.
See you in 3 weeks Deb.