No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-05-07, 2:11pm
Dynamic Duo

Default Encasing reduced DH TRITON

The beads below were both made with Double Helix Triton, same session, same techniques, but what a difference.

Both started with a core of effetre clear. This was then encased thickly with Triton glass and heated to super hot, and textured. Cooled until glow had completely gone.

Was then reduced, way out in the end of a cool reduction flame until whole bead was shiny dark blue/magenta/green metallic.

By cool reduction, I mean oxygen was turned down. I believe this is correct. Hot reduction would be turning up the propane.

The beads were then encased, in a neutral flame, making sure not to put the bead into the flame, holding it under the flame with only the encasing rod in the flame.

The bead which went all golden was encased with effetre clear.
The bead that went opal blue was encased with effetre transparent blue, the lightest of this shade that they make.

encased in clear

encased in pale blue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-07, 2:24pm

Great, clear information. Thanks Flaming Fools !

Old 2014-05-07, 7:35pm
Senior Moment

Amazing how much it fumed the Clear. Nice to know the Pale Blue held it's own.

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2014-06-01, 11:05am

beautiful. Thanks for posting the tutorial on how you did this, I am trying to figure out the silvers as I was not lampworking for several years. I am going to try this.

_
Old 2014-07-10, 5:18pm
tanglebeads

thanks for posting the pictures, I am going to experiment with the coloured transparent to see what effects I get.

Cheers Tania - tanglebeads

Old 2014-07-11, 5:30am
Unmedicated since '62

Try doing it with allesandrite
Attached Images

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2014-07-11, 9:13am
Slogan Challenged...

Neat Deb! Really do look like jewels.

I'm going to try this too, Triton is one of my go-to's, but I've never tried to encased it.Thanks for the demo, FF.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-07-12, 3:36am
tanglebeads

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
Try doing it with allesandrite
Love that bead Deb

Cheers Tania - tanglebeads

Old 2014-07-12, 3:48am
Unmedicated since '62

I cant take credit, Corina showed me that trick - pale aqua works well too

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy